first tryout of the fisher id edge

Well, I got to try out the edge today for a short time of 1 hour today. it was cool 45 and windy and i didn't dress well for temp(no socks and thin cloth shoes) so i wasn't using my best concentration. But anyway, I tried an area that i have detected a lot with the etrac and ctx 3030. it is outside a fence of a baseball field that i have found several mercs, a barber dime and some other things from 30s 40s and 50s . there is also a business close by that i believe causes interference in the left field area and beyond the fence with the minelabs. the fisher had no problems. i could barely detect with the minelabs there. Well i cant say I found silver but I only had the small 5 or 6 inch coil on and I was trying to get accustomed to the machine. I believe I will like the machine. The volume is real low if no headphones on. You could easily miss a 3 or 4 inch coin if you don't have your headphones on. You can still hear but still faint to some. I will practice some more with the fisher for another few weeks and will review further. CB

KRose

Well, I got to try out the edge today for a short time of 1 hour today. it was cool 45 and windy and i didn't dress well for temp(no socks and thin cloth shoes) so i wasn't using my best concentration. But anyway, I tried an area that i have detected a lot with the etrac and ctx 3030. it is outside a fence of a baseball field that i have found several mercs, a barber dime and some other things from 30s 40s and 50s . there is also a business close by that i believe causes interference in the left field area and beyond the fence with the minelabs. the fisher had no problems. i could barely detect with the minelabs there. Well i cant say I found silver but I only had the small 5 or 6 inch coil on and I was trying to get accustomed to the machine. I believe I will like the machine. The volume is real low if no headphones on. You could easily miss a 3 or 4 inch coin if you don't have your headphones on. You can still hear but still faint to some. I will practice some more with the fisher for another few weeks and will review further. CB
Craig, Congratulations on your Fisher Edge from a fellow Georgian. Best of Luck with it and may you have much success.