Fisher 1270 Blues

:wave: Hi, The The Fisher 1270 Seems To Be One Of The Most Unpopular Metal Detectors Out There In The Fisher Line Up. I Have One And Personally I Am Pretty Much Happy With It. But I Feel It Needs Some Modifications Done To It To Suit My Needs. I Have Not Used It Much But Everytime I Have Used It I Have Found A Keeper With It.. I Am Just Waiting Until I Do My Modifications To It, Then I Plan On Using It Full Time.. The 1270 Is Way Quieter In Trashy Ground Than It's Predecessors The 1260,1265,1266.. I Owned All Three Of Them Models And Got Rid Of Them Because Of The Noise They Produced In Medium To Moderate Trashy Ground. I Will SayThis About Them Models They Sure Would Go Deep!!!! That Is If You Could Put Up With The Click Clack All Of The Time. I Got Rid Of Them And Went To A Garrett Which Is Alot Quieter In The Trash But Probably Would Not Go As Deep.. But Hey At Least Now I Can Maintain My Sanity.. I Believe The 1270 Was Designed With The Relic Hunter In Mind And I Can See It Has Great Potential In That Area Of Treasure Hunting. I Personally Love To Coin Shoot And Feel My Modifcations Would Help Me Excel In This Area Of Treasure Hunting. I Bought This Machine With Some Mods In Mind Before Hand.. I Just Thought I Would Give Everyone Some Insight To One Of The Unpopular Fisher Model Of Detectors.. I Plan On Doing The Mods Shortly But Probably Will Not Report Any Updates Until Spring.. The Report Will Include Depth,Finds Plus The Mods I Ended Up Doing To It.. It's Really Tough Detecting Right Now Besides It Gives Me Time To Incubate More Ideas....Thanks

Thanks

:wavey: Hi, Thanks For The Reply.. I Will Keep You Posted On The Mods.. I Have Looked At A Lot Of Detectors And They All Lacked Something I Wanted Or Needed In Them..I Have So Many Ideas Floating Around In My Head . I Am Working On What I Call SQ Circuitry Which In A Nutshell Is Virtually No Noise Until You Hit Your Desired Target.. The 1270 Comes With A Silencer Switch But If You Use It You Lose A Quick Response To Deeper Targets. My Adjustable SQ Circuitry Has Been Tested On My Garrett And Works Superb.. I Plan On Probably At Least Five Different Mods To The 1270.. I Have Been Trying To Gather Information On The 1270 Like Schematics Etc. On Many Different Forums But No Luck.. I Believe In My Motto If In Doubt Stay Out ....Thanks Again