fisher / coin$trike

anybody using this. ive tried a whole lot and mainly stick to whites.(for 30 years) but some good deal lately thinking about tryin one. any pro or cons.
thanks in advance.

Hey BigJohn! The coinstrike is really a pretty good machine. The user interface I think has been the big gripe for most. It is not the best. The most troubling thing for me is the LCD display . Fisher used a cheap one and eventually it might bleedout causing a blotch or stringers in it. I have one that I got from Fisher before they sold out. I feel they were way overpriced and as a dealer am glad they are coming down in cost. It seems to be a very sensitive machine but can be a bit more prone to EMI. I have always liked the 8" coil that Fisher put on their detectors and so it can get around the trash better. I like the tones and it seems light enough for me. I would say now it is cheaper it is worth the money. Ok John I will try to share more info on the coinstrike but i need to go. Bye Bye.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

C

Chuck@TreasureHut

Hey John....

...took an almost new one in on trade....wasn't impressed, and it sat here for quite awhile before it sold. For what it's worth to you!

Chuck

anybody using this. ive tried a whole lot and mainly stick to whites.(for 30 years) but some good deal lately thinking about tryin one. any pro or cons.
thanks in advance.

Thanks John and Chuck,

I was thinking about trying a Coinstrike due to the lower price but nixed that idea based on your honest evaluation of the unit. I used a CZ5 a couple years and still use and like the 1236x2 , believe it or not :smile:. HH Bill

Hi Bill, I didn't mean to make it sound all that bad and now they are dropping pricing on them so I still think it is a decent detector. I wonder how things are going for you Bill? It sure has been nice to finally get some rain out here. Ok Bill good to hear from you and as always God Bless ya. CU later.

John Tomlinson,CET P=VI
John's Detectors
Blackwell,Tx.
Best Little Detector Shop in Texas!
:multi::rocketwho

Hello again John,

It's not that you made it sound all that bad it's just that i'm not in a position to Buy, Try and Trade as i was the last few years but had some interest in trying a Coinstrike due to the higher degree of "Iron"resolution but never pulled the trigger and the lower sale price peaked my interest a bit but not enough to just go out on a limb and try one. You guy's just reinforced my hesitation :grin: and feel i have enough detectors and coils to cover most bases but enjoy using different units and keep the ones that blend in.

I'm doing well John and hope you are too. Curious if your still using the Musky on any hunts ? Thanks again.. HH Bill

No problem Bill I understand because even though I have a fulltime job, due to a medical condition I have, It strains our pocketbook greatly. Yes I carry the Musky everywhere with me. I just haven't had any good hunting grounds lately. But I feel good when I put it's coil to the soil.

Connie my wife is doing great due to all the prayers from the TQ group. I know all is going to be alright. I'm doing fine also but summer is upon us now and it is very difficult for me to withstand the temps when it gets much above 70 deg F.

I been thinking about putting the Musky on a straight shaft like the GT. I love the audio of the Musky when I come onto a good target. I need to start using my Compass Gold Scanner Pro. I like analog electronics and meter movements. I think you still have some older detectors don't ya Bill? I still have my first detector, a White's 4900 D ProPlus, it's the black one.

Ok Bill Hope to hear about you finding the big one soon and God Bless ya for now. Happy hunting.

John Tomlinson,CET P=VI
John's Detectors
Blackwell,Tx.
Best Little Detector Shop in Texas!
:multi::rocketwho

Coinstrike

I actually just got another Coinstrike. I had one several yrs ago and let it go. They are very good once you spend the time learning it. Believe me it does take a while.

Mike