Fisher Mother Lode

I think I may have found a very good deal, but I don't know anything about this metal detector. I saw a Fisher Mother Lode (model VLF 660) on craigslist for $25. Fisher seems to make good metal detectors, but the extremely low price makes me think it could be a piece of junk. So is this a good deal? Has anyone used this detector?

steve07

Well.....

You can read about it here: http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/fishers-nugget-shooting-mother-lode-660

My only concern with a machine that old (I have nothing against old machines) is getting a manual for it and does it work right?
It is a Very Low Frequency Machine at 4.5khz. and from what I read it is very good for Gold, a little heavy of a machine though (it takes 12 AA size batteries). There is one on fleabay not working going for $126!!!
Here is a little more info: http://treasurelinx.com/fisher.html
It's the 3rd one in the red cover, (for best reading Download and use Adobe reader to read the .pdf document).
Top of the line Gold Detector!!!

steve07

What?

I would buy it even if to just resale on freebay.
This machine is a Gold Finder, a very good one as a matter of fact.
It is a little heavy, but hey for the price and if it works great, that is a classic find...:smile::smile::smile:

I'm doing what I can to try to get it, but the seller hasn't responded so far. If I do get it, I'll probably be using it as my metal detector for a while (or maybe forever).

What's Freebay?

steve07

Well...

I'm doing what I can to try to get it, but the seller hasn't responded so far. If I do get it, I'll probably be using it as my metal detector for a while (or maybe forever).

What's Freebay?
Term for E-bay.
The problem on Craig's List.
Sellers on Craig's List sometimes realize that they have put an item up for sale that is way under priced compared to Value and when they get Swamped with replies, they rethink their decision to sell the item so low!!!
This will prove to be true if they withdraw it quickly. There are also some individuals who will contact the seller and sweeten the deal by saying "I'll give you twice of what your asking to sell it for?" Sometimes the Sellers do this to get the best deal, even though there is no bidding allowed there...:duel: