Florida rainy Labor Day Weekend so far water detecting

smartfox

I adore the rain. I always love it when it rains but I wish it held up for just this weekend. Today there was a bit of sun but for the most part it has been cloudy and rainy so far. Went by the beach to check it out and not too many people at all:icon_mad:. I was not going to detect today cause was with the family but going no matter what tomorrow and Monday.

Did anyone here in Florida have that problem? I have been planning this weekend for a month and seems everything might be down the drain literally. There is still hope. Still tomorrow and Monday and even if rainy I might still get lucky and swig something.

Good luck to everyone and happy hunting. Going to try my best to give tq a good adventure but it might be rough if the weather keeps up like this.

kathykkc

Rained here this morning then cleared. Had to do the garage sale thing today and Sunday but Monday is all mine to do what I want. Will be hitting the beaches. Good luck on the rest of the weekend.

RD

No rain here...but feels like 102 temps...good luck to you all on this weekends adventures...Happy Hunting!!! Swishing Swiging!!!:lol::bthumb:

RD:pcool:

bootybay

Well I am hitting the beaches tomorrow morning..showering, going to a party, and not staying long and then going back to the beach...:smile:

Mikey

TQ's Underwater Pirate
Hunt.. wet or dry! You have a water machine right? Hope you have fun hunting. I know i'll be at it tomorrow , Mikey:bthumb::multi::bthumb:

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
Have not been able to get out this weekend or the last 2 weekends due to work..have had some rain down here as Kathy said, but maybe you can still get out for a while...wet hunts are kinda messy at the beach unless you are in the water..but it is all good...Good hunting to you Fox...Chuck.....:wavey:

smartfox

C'mon guys

this is smartfox. Yes I have an excallibor with the 10 inch coil that I bought from kellyco 3 months ago. Already found about 8 rings that I posted here. 3 gold for sure and one that I need to test but looks like gold to me. I also have a whites dfx. When I only had the dfx I used to hunt only the dry but now with the escal I try to do mostly water hunts.

My fear is that I do not find much because people are not going to beach. Still going out. Right now not too good but it's early Sunday. Going out at about 5 P.M. Wife gets off at 2 P.M. but she is going to do her nails and all that women stuff so when she gets back i'm out for some hunting.

I might do a little land hunt at tot lots if boys want to go to park.

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
Fox, the beaches down here in our area have slowed down a bit for finds...I didn't make it out this weekend, But "E" did and that is also what she said...Keep at it...might find more gold..when I get a chance I will be back out there a hunting also.....Chuck......:wave:

Visiting Florida for the first time since the 70's. I'm traveling with the Excalibur. Haven't had any rain so far but it is predicted for Friday. Wouldn't you know it,, I'm supposed to get together with Doc Dog on Friday. Well he has an AT PRO that won't melt if it gets wet but I don't know how he handles the rain.
It is the time of year where a lot of people are staying away from the beaches. (December / January). I know there is some old gold lost at some of these local Gulf beaches, but I just have to find it. I'm close,, very , very close.:cool:

Doc dog

Visiting Florida for the first time since the 70's. I'm traveling with the Excalibur. Haven't had any rain so far but it is predicted for Friday. Wouldn't you know it,, I'm supposed to get together with Doc Dog on Friday. Well he has an AT PRO that won't melt if it gets wet but I don't know how he handles the rain.
It is the time of year where a lot of people are staying away from the beaches. (December / January). I know there is some old gold lost at some of these local Gulf beaches, but I just have to find it. I'm close,, very , very close.:cool:

Well if ya don't like the weather here in Florida,,,,,,just wait 5 or 10 mins,,,,,,and it will change :)But I don't hunt in the rain,,,,,,at least not on purpose ,,,,but we will hunt tomorrow even if it snows :cool:

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
Yup..we have rain, then sun, then rain...always something different...did have some snow a few years back..but not what like you get up north...We do have the nice weather going on right now..high in the 50's on this side...I would think you will find that gold...post what you do find......Chuck...... :)