For the Indiana treasure hunters.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkwidener, Jan 3, 2009.

1. jkwidener

jkwidener Member

Diesel Mechanic
    Here is some neat info i found while doing some research on lost Indiana treasure.

Adams CountyAlong the banks of the Wabash River, a large amount of money was hidden by a racketeer during the prohibition. Located somewhere between Berne and Geneva where State Road 27 crosses the river.

Jackson CountyThe Reno brothers hid $80,000, stolen in a train robbery, before fleeing to Canada in 1868 with a posse hot on their trail. In Rockford, their home base, the Reno brothers also hid $98,000 from another train robbery. Located between Rockford and Seymour near State Road 31A.

Jefferson County A number of gold coin caches are hidden on the grounds of the Harris Farmhouse (now known as Bear Farm). It was used as headquarters during the civil war to smuggle slaves out of the south. Located 3 miles northeast of Madison at the mouth of a hollow on the Ohio River.

Knox County General John Morgan buried around $5,000 in gold coins during the civil war. Located at George Rogers Clark Historical Park, south of Vincennes.

LaPorte County Before being gunned down, Al Capone's henchmen hid 2,000 cases of whiskey, worth about $300,000, in a cave. They sealed the opening by using explosives. Located near Michigan City on the shores of Lake Michigan.

Lake County In 1920, gangster Jim Colosimo buried millions of dollars worth of diamonds. Located outside of Crown Point.

Marshal County Gangster Jim Genna is said to have buried a large amount of money in a steel box under a rock pile in a pasture. The FBI and treasure hunters however, have been unsuccessful in locating the spot. Located 1-1/2 miles down a dirt road off State Road 6 near Bremen.

Martin County Gold bullion and a large number of figurines are said to be buried in a save put there by Indians in the year 1810. Located north of Shoals off State Road 150 overlooking the White River on Rocky McBride Bluff.

Morgan County John Dillinger, according to the FBI, is said to have buried some $25,000 on a 67 acre farm belonging to his father. Located in Mooresville, Indiana.

Vigo County In the 1920's, a bank employee embezzled about $95,000 in paper currency from his employer. He then buried it on a farm and committed suicide. Located outside of Terre Haute by State Road 42.

Warren County A passenger train, in 1928, was held up by four bandits. They took $80,000 in gold bullion, paper currency, and coins. Four days later the bandits were caught and hanged without revealing where the money was stashed. Located by the Illinois state line near Marshfield.

2. tater320

tater320 Active Member

Machinist
    Good stuff there!

3. jkwidener

jkwidener Member

Diesel Mechanic
    If anyone finds any of these treasures and is from TQ, just throw me a Gold coin and i will be happy.... Or some of that Whiskey thats hid in a cave.... lol

4. schoser

schoser Well-Known Member

hvac installer
    Cool..i'm gonna try a lost treasure for Illinois, my home state.

5. INDY

INDY Well-Known Member

I'm a prep chef
    Thanks for sharing that info.....now if only spring would spring already LOL

6. Echostar61

Echostar61 Well-Known Member

Thank You JK , Very Interesting Info.

Terri

7. Paulv

Paulv Active Member

Insurance consultant
    Cool information. I am from Cincinnati. Thanks!