Freefall into Dean's Blue Hall

steve07

Good Video

But, when I was at the Subic Bay Naval station, Olongapo City, Philippines, there were these young ladies that would dive in disease infested pitch black water of "Sh*triver" (that's what it was called) for Pesos that sailors threw off of the bridge. They would sometimes be down for 5-8 minutes to retrieve the money!!! Ask anyone who has ever been there.
Also the female Pearl Divers of Sasebo Japan would do the same type of diving for 5-9 minutes free diving looking for pearls, which meant movement, not just being still at rest.
I thought the young ladies in the Philippines were much more impressive because the water was pitch black and a Peso is the size of a Silver Dollar...I'm just saying. Context
No disrespect intended.

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
But, when I was at the Subic Bay Naval station, Olongapo City, Philippines, there were these young ladies that would dive in disease infested pitch black water of "Sh*triver" (that's what it was called) for Pesos that sailors threw off of the bridge. They would sometimes be down for 5-8 minutes to retrieve the money!!! Ask anyone who has ever been there.
Also the female Pearl Divers of Sasebo Japan would do the same type of diving for 5-9 minutes free diving looking for pearls, which meant movement, not just being still at rest.
I thought the young ladies in the Philippines were much more impressive because the water was pitch black and a Peso is the size of a Silver Dollar...I'm just saying. Context
No disrespect intended.
I've heard this same thing about Olongapo City from a good friend who spent time there during the Vietnam war...he said that was one nasty "river"...