Garrett ADS Deepseeker question for the techs, handle toggle switch replacement?

nissn1

These beasts are getting old now , and quite often in need of service and replacement parts. I am in need of a new switch, the one that goes on the handle, its a ON/OFF/ON switch that centers itself, or momentary as it is called? , having trouble finding the correct size. Also is this switch a ON/OFF/ON or ON/ON/ON switch ?? I can find plenty of the smaller type toggle switches on ebay but just need to know the right one. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

KRose

I had the exact Garett Deepseeker you have pictured. I found many of my relics with this detector. I can't answer your tech question on the switch but I'm sure someone can. Best of luck to you.

against the wind

Garrett has one the best after sales support teams there is. Give them a call and let them troubleshoot and rebuild that machine. I have an old AT3, and they still have parts.
Good luck.

nissn1

Will do that mate, i agree about Garretts U.S. after sales team, i have dealt with them before they even paid my shipping, puts our distributors here to shame!

Last edited:

nissn1

Well first post for the new year, happy 2019 detectorists! Must get out more this year, anyway i seem to be collecting more Garrett deepseekers, another one to the collection, i am pulling them all apart for a major clean of the circuit board and connectors etc justfor a freshen up,gives me something to do when not prospecting! Still waiting to hear from Garrett USA :-( oh well

Attachments

KRose

Nissn1, Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I used a Garrett Deepseeker for a number of years. They were great metal detectors and built tough. I found a great part of my relic collection with the Deepseeker.