Garrett xl 500 Pulse

Hi I just bought a garrett XL 500 pulse from a older gent at a real good price he hasent used it for few years he said it worked great when he was using it . But the charger has been cut off quite awhile ago the plug is there just the charger is cut off my question is what is the output voltage of the charger ? The unit only has 7 batteries I can't seem to find anything about it because it a older unit any help would be great .Thanks in advance

Hi thanks for that info i have that pdf file it says 3 = 9 volt batteries mine has 7 small ones maybe 1.4 to 1.6 I would like to know what the orignal charger has marked on it like input 120 ac output -- if I can just to be sure Thanks again

KRose

Capetoker, A Big Welcome to you to TQ from Georgia. Great to have you join us. Best of Luck with your Garrett. I see others have already chimed in with some helpful information. That is what this site is about.

Hi again guys we just got back in town sorry I couldn't reply to you Thanks for the all the info. I did get in touch with garrett they have the battery and charger they said if the battery was not charged for 6 + years that it would not be any good and should be replaced . hey gave me a list of dealers in canada they are a little expensive but I guess I will be ordering them . This is a great site and will be checking it out quite a bit lots of interesting reading and info . Thanks again Capetoker

cupajo

Hi again guys we just got back in town sorry I couldn't reply to you Thanks for the all the info. I did get in touch with garrett they have the battery and charger they said if the battery was not charged for 6 + years that it would not be any good and should be replaced . hey gave me a list of dealers in canada they are a little expensive but I guess I will be ordering them . This is a great site and will be checking it out quite a bit lots of interesting reading and info . Thanks again Capetoker
I hope you do, These folks are simply the best. Welcome, hope to see you posting soon….:)

homefire

12Volt car trickle charger works fine. No need to worry about polarity the charger is going through a Diode AND will not work if connected backwards. Use two small Gator clips or Female Recepticals on the Head phone pins. Chances are the batteries in the unit are toast if original. It's a old machine. I have a Xl -200 and 500. The 200 has a shielded coil being set up for beach use and not under water. Both are the same machine. I have a Mod that will make it more sensitive to gold if your interested. Sub C batteries from a Drill back work good. Stay with NiCad. Don't use NiMh or Li type.
xl500schematicbak.jpg

Last edited: