Gator digger bent but not broken

possum4

Temps up in the 50's.......so out to the park for a 4 hour dig.......soil nice and soft,actually a bit muddy.........after battling the frozen ground for 2 days my digger was happy as a lark.........wind picked up and temps dropped 15 degrees........got $2'51 in clad,and to my surprise one of the muddy brown qtrs turned out to be a 1971 UK NEW PENCE 2.....got three wheaties,2 totally toasted and one in decent condition turned out to be a 1916........heading back to the parking lot I got a VDI of 88-90 @8 inches with a soft low tone,,,,,,a decent 1935 Washington popped out from under a deep root.....tired and dirty I was a happy camper

Attachments

KRose

Atta boy, Possum. Nice hunt. I hope you can get your Gator Digger straightened out. Our Georgia Dawg's usually bend a few Gators in the SEC here during football season. Good for you to get out and do some digging.

possum4

Your effort paid off with the clad and the nice silver Washington. It's still way too cold for me to even THINK about going out. How did you manage to bend your digger?
I cut a wedge around a find with my sharpened screwdriver and tried to pry it up with my digger........this is the first winter that I have gotten out 3 times before March

possum4

Atta boy, Possum. Nice hunt. I hope you can get your Gator Digger straightened out. Our Georgia Dawg's usually bend a few Gators in the SEC here during football season. Good for you to get out and do some digging.
Yeah,they had a good year.........gotta watch that QB@Clemson,he's gonna give everyone problems next year