getting a new sand shark

bigc

any one here live in va beach willing to get me on the fast track using the ss. this will be my first salt water unit kinda new to the hole md thing

bootybay

I myself honestly don't know a thing about Tesoro's water machines, I just know about the soverign GT and the Xcallibur 2.

bigc

if theres no one in va maybe yall can pass some tips like what settings work best for yall or tones to look for or to skip should i change settings when in the water vs just the wet sand how well does it work on dry sand/inland anything will help thanks

bigc

no but thats the one im going to go with for the price.. i plan to work my way up to a excal with my findings/savings

Megagold

Welcome bigc from Santa Cruz Ca. I do not have a sand shark, but if you have not bought it yet read up on the ATPro. She's an all purpose machine water and sand. Just got mine last month and it starting to bring some good finds. Others will help you with the ss if you go that way.... Good luck!:)

EBCIII

The Sand Shark is a very good PI unit. It will find the goods. We have a member here that uses one and does very well, Beale.

Terry??? Are you out there??? If anyone can get you going on here he can...
You should start learning your new Sand Shark in NORMAL mode, With threshold, pulse width and volume around the 2-o'clock area. On page 12 of the owners manual, pay close attention to "Setting the Audio Frequency for the Normal Mode." This allows you to set the signal tone so that it is best for YOUR ears to hear.

In the beginning, pay close attention to target sounds. The Shark is a one tone machine, but that tone can tell you alot! You'll hear "Scratchy tones" - "Double beeps" - "Grunts" - and other sounds after 50-60 hours on the headphones that just sound like a regular signal at first. You'll be able to determine (most of the time) iron and bobbypins, from clad, silver and gold by ear over time.

Do not wrap the coil wire on the plastic lower rod! Wrap it up high on the aluminum (see below). Get a good sandscoop, because you will be digging two, three, and four scoops to get deep targets! Good Luck!
dfgfdgf.jpg

robby4570

You should start learning your new Sand Shark in NORMAL mode, With threshold, pulse width and volume around the 2-o'clock area. On page 12 of the owners manual, pay close attention to "Setting the Audio Frequency for the Normal Mode." This allows you to set the signal tone so that it is best for YOUR ears to hear.

In the beginning, pay close attention to target sounds. The Shark is a one tone machine, but that tone can tell you alot! You'll hear "Scratchy tones" - "Double beeps" - "Grunts" - and other sounds after 50-60 hours on the headphones that just sound like a regular signal at first. You'll be able to determine (most of the time) iron and bobbypins, from clad, silver and gold by ear over time.

Do not wrap the coil wire on the plastic lower rod! Wrap it up high on the aluminum (see below). Get a good sandscoop, because you will be digging two, three, and four scoops to get deep targets! Good Luck!
View attachment 59057
See, I knew you could help! By the way, WHY don't wrap the coil wire on the lower shaft?? :confused:o_O Not being a smartarse, I really don't know why....

See, I knew you could help! By the way, WHY don't wrap the coil wire on the lower shaft?? :confused:o_O Not being a smartarse, I really don't know why....
I have found through trial and tribulation, that the coil is SO sensitive, that if I wrap a lot of wire down close to it, I can't hear tiny gold. When that mass is up high, I get better depth and seperation. A lot of people tell me I'm nutz, but it works for me..

I have found through trial and tribulation, that the coil is SO sensitive, that if I wrap a lot of wire down close to it, I can't hear tiny gold. When that mass is up high, I get better depth and seperation. A lot of people tell me I'm nutz, but it works for me..
I agree 100% because I do the same on my Sand Shark and Tiger Shark.

I LOST AN OMEGA WATCH WHILE DIVING INTO A WAVE AT VIRGINIA BEACH BACK IN 69 WHEN I WAS IN THE NAVY. THE UDERTOW PULLED IT RIGHT OFF MY WRIST. IT WAS ABOUT 200 YARDS TO THE LEFT OF THE STEEL PIER. DOUBT IF IT'S STILL THERE BUT THE UNDERTOW IS,, AND SO IS THE JEWELRY. HH:cool: