Gloves

against the wind

If you don't use gloves in NYC parks, you are asking for cuts and possibly infections. I have pretty calloused hands from a lifetime of mechanical work. I am constantly finding broken glass in a lot of the holes I dig. There are a lot of inconsiderate dog walkers around. Sometimes the soil is saturated with dog poo and other stuff.
I use cotton work gloves that have a rubberized palm. They usually last about 2 months. I buy a dozen pair package at Home Depot, whenever they are on sale.
If you wash them, they will last a little longer. I don't usually throw them in the washing machine.

justdon

If you don't use gloves in NYC parks, you are asking for cuts and possibly infections. I have pretty calloused hands from a lifetime of mechanical work. I am constantly finding broken glass in a lot of the holes I dig. There are a lot of inconsiderate dog walkers around. Sometimes the soil is saturated with dog poo and other stuff.
I use cotton work gloves that have a rubberized palm. They usually last about 2 months. I buy a dozen pair package at Home Depot, whenever they are on sale.
If you wash them, they will last a little longer. I don't usually throw them in the washing machine.
That's why I use gloves I have found needles/razor blades and broken glass in holes.So I don't take any chances.

JW Hunter

I get those free Kevin....have about 15 pair in my truck...brand new....hook ya up when you get here in Pa.

justdon

I never expect a glove to last forever.But it just seems like the ones I use wear out fast.But I guess they wear out fast because iam out enjoying my hobby a lot.

Minimac

̶W̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ when I used to work, the gloves Hoser posted were given out for free. I have two bundles of probably twenty pair each. They are thin enough to be able to pick up small items, and tough enough to last really well. They're great for just about anything you need to do around the house.

JW Hunter

̶W̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ when I used to work, the gloves Hoser posted were given out for free. I have two bundles of probably twenty pair each. They are thin enough to be able to pick up small items, and tough enough to last really well. They're great for just about anything you need to do around the house.
Where I work they do the same, we have "vending" machines that dispenses PPE, Grainger stocks these machines...i get a pair a day....must have 10 unused pair in my truck...same as what pic hoser posted