Gold and the stock coil..

Hi all..I want to use my MXT for gold prospecting and only have the stock 9.5 coil.At this point I cannot afford another coil.Is the 9.5 usable for gold prospecting?Has anyone had any luck with the 9.5?I eagerly await replies,and thanks..Jon

K

KellycoGrrl

You can use the stock coil for some gold prospecting, but a smaller coil will definitely serve you better. The 4x6 shooter from White's is what I hear everyone rave about when gold prospecting with that detector. The smaller footprint allows greater maneuverability in tight rocky spaces and increases the sensitivity to smaller nuggets and flakes. The DD design of that coil also helps with the mineralized soils of gold bearing areas.

Calling Southwest MXT Nuggetshooters

Hey Dustyknees,

Everything KellycoGrrl said. :smile:

I have the 4X6 and really like it here in Virginny with all the mineralization and such.

But.......Dustyknees doesn't have it, so.......Calling all Southwest MXTer Nuggetshooters......What can Dustyknees do to get by in his neck of the desert (southern Nevada) with his stock MXT setup?
Tips, tricks, places to go, etc. would be awesome. :biggrin:

Hawk

homefire

I don't use that Machine, but I would give it a Go!

Smaller would be better, But us what you have.

Hell you may suprize your self.

Thanks to all of you..I'll be working on getting the 4x6 coil.In the meantime the heat has broken enough here for me to get out and try the washes and alluvials around here.And if the 9.5 coil won't find the smaller pieces of gold,then,well, I'll have to settle for the Larger nuggets..:smile:

Ive never been lucky enough to detect for Gold ,but I watch alot of Prospecting america and Gold fever.They do metal detecting now and then and have mentioned any coil will work for the larger nuggets .And smaller or special larger coils work for deeper and smaller stuff.Dig the faintest signal youll do fine!Show us the pics of that 1 pound Nugget you get. :bthumb: Good luck

Ive never been lucky enough to detect for Gold ,but I watch alot of Prospecting america and Gold fever.They do metal detecting now and then and have mentioned any coil will work for the larger nuggets .And smaller or special larger coils work for deeper and smaller stuff.Dig the faintest signal youll do fine!Show us the pics of that 1 pound Nugget you get. :bthumb: Good luck

One pound!! I'd be happy with a half-ouncer,or anything at that,lol:smile: