Grand Master Hunter and Master Hunter 7 coil compatabillity

nissn1

Hi Guys and Gals, now i have a grand master hunter , looks like the cx111 but this one i think is earlier and has yellow face on panel, also have a garrett ads 7 master hunter , can someone tell me if the coils are interchangeable , i think the grand master hunter came out after the muster hunter 7 (ads) . looks like they are both 5 pin plugs but i dont want to damage anything by swapping coils over. It appears the coils do interchange but i dont want to turn the machines on in case i do some damage to them . The master hunter 7 is still like new in box with 3 coils and the other looks to have had little use with only 1 coil . Actually it looks like the ads 7 has never seen any use looking at the coils. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

KRose

Nissn1, I have a Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus. My first detector years ago was a Garrett Deep Seeker. Great detectors. From what you say about the pin configuration on the coil plug, it sounds like they probably will be compatible, but just to be sure call Garrett's themselves just to be on the safe side and to take any guess work out of the mix. A Garrett Rep. would be more than happy to help you with this. Best of Luck.

against the wind

When we have trouble with the law, it is always wise to call the people with the most experience,,, like a lawyer. The experts in this case would be Garrett. They are a lot friendlier and much more knowledgeable than lawyers. lol
If you don't have coil covers, I might a wise move to order them to protect your investment. HH:cool:

nissn1

Thanks for the reply guys, yes i have emailed Garrett , hoping for some sort of response . I think both machines are 5kz. but i couldnt find much info on the grand master except for the operating manual. I must say i was rather impressed with the performance of the Grand master hunter . I like the old school stuff but at the same time dont mind a bit of new technology so i shelled out for an AT pro because i am not far from the beach , have some great beaches around here. Coil covers sound like a great investment !

nissn1

It appears the coils are not compatable according to Garrett "The Crossfire runs at about 6.7K however they have a tuning circuit board inside the coil and the old Deep Seeker does not that is why they are not compatible" big thanks to Norma at Garrett for replying to all my emails.