Had to Sell my Detector

I'm heart broken:( I had to sell my GTP 1350 due to my arthritis, and with it's weight I just couldn't swing it. But I see an ACE 350 in my future. Alot of people might not think that 1.2 pounds is much of a difference, but when your shoulders are as bad as mine it makes all the difference in the world! I have not been out in 2 years, but I am totally ready. Nice to be back friends :)

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
The Ace series is very light and easy to swing. Pair that with a Swingy Thingy and you'll be set to hunt comfortably.

Digging Fool

I'm with you on that. RA is some bad stuff. My right shoulder is plum worn-out. Haven't been digging in a while, but the shoulder hurts alot. Sometimes I think it's better to dig more to keep it "active". Not digging makes it hurt, too...:)

Just checked out the Swingy Thingy and now I am really excited! Looks like it will make a world of difference for me. Too bad Winter has arrived:(

Digging Fool

Thank all of you, I really missed coming here! BTW what is a Swingy Thingy? Do you have a link to it? :)
I'm sure you can google that or check with our sponsors. I got mine from Kellyco, but it's not a "Swingy Thingy"(trademark name). It's basically the same thing. It's a harness that goes over your shoulders and has a bungee cord that hooks on your chest, and goes to your detector shaft(comes with a clamp for that end). The harness supports the weight of your machine, so all you have to do is swing it.

Ric-san

Stick to the regular coil, its not too heavy...if you must, the sniper coil is light as heck...but covers less on each swing...

draaiorgel

Although I don't know ya yet and you don't know me yet.
We wish ya a warm welcome back, we also hope you get kitted out quickly.
Good luck and find some great goodies.

steve07

Although I don't know ya yet and you don't know me yet.
We wish ya a warm welcome back, we also hope you get kitted out quickly.
Good luck and find some great goodies.
For a moment, I thought you were speaking Scottish, then my brain started to work and I realized you said "kitted" and not "kilted". I don't know? That's what I read.... LOL

Welcome back timmyster, glad you are back on TQ Forum...

Great that you are able to get out there again. I love the 350 and I too have had some shoulder issues. Funny, it seems to help my shoulder not to wear the forearm strap, but then again I might be crazy. I wish you the best with the 350 and congrats again on your return to the site and the hobby.