Happy really late Birthday KRose

DigsNW

I meant to get this a day early not a week late. I know you are now the same age as I am for awhile. I do hope you had a special day. I am sorry I spaced it this time. I try to catch birthdays here.
Happy belated Birthday Sr. Citizen.

KRose

I meant to get this a day early not a week late. I know you are now the same age as I am for awhile. I do hope you had a special day. I am sorry I spaced it this time. I try to catch birthdays here.
Happy belated Birthday Sr. Citizen.
Thanks Dave. I did have a good day. We went to dinner the Friday night before my birthday at our favorite steak house. My birthdays are low key or I try to keep them low key. Sorta like flying under the radar so to speak. There is a little story though that goes along with my birthday. We were just discussing a while back about the TV show The Twilight Zone. I had a Twilight Zone Episode moment. My cousins all have lunch together once a month and it gives us a chance to meet and enjoy one another's company. The Saturday before my birthday we all met at the restaurant at the golf club at the Atlanta National Horse Park located next door to us in Rockdale County. My wife and I were having coffee Saturday morning when my wife was looking at me and began to laugh. (I get that a lot). Anyways, I asked her what was so funny and she said that I looked like some pictures my Dad had taken of me years ago when I was about 4 years old, the expression on my face. I told my wife that this reminds me. My brother has a lot of slides that our Dad had made through the years. He had one of our Grandad and I that was made one Sunday afternoon when I was about 4 years old. My Dad told me to lay my tricycle on it's side and for my Grandad and I to pretend to be working on it. This was about 1960. Anyway I had been saying that I wanted to get with my brother about having a copy made of this slide. When we got to the restaurant my brother was there and handed me a package and told me to open it before we left. It was this same picture that I had spoken to my wife about just hours earlier. This was a most meaningful present. It almost made the hair on my neck stand up when I opened it. Oh, and my wife had not spoken to my brother concerning this.

Last edited:

DigsNW

That is a cool story you will never forget. A month or two I was going through my pictures for the umpteenth time trying to find some old RR pics for a FB page to post. I ran across some pictures of my grandfather on my mothers side I didn't remember having. I have no other pictures of him so these are special. I am in one with him and my brother and sister and me and grandma and grandpa are in another. These will be treasured forever now.
I agree and try to keep my birthdays low key too but anymore if they get bigger that is fine too. My whole adult life I have tried to stay out of pictures as much as possible too but am now realizing I wish I had more pictures I was in for my grandkids. I guess I have always been a bit self conscience but now realize that a picture only capture a millisecond of time and should be enjoyed no matter what it looks like.
I am glad you had a good moment for your birthday and I bet that picture is special to you.

KRose

Thanks Dave. It really was a special gift. I told my brother that I couldn't think of anything that could or would have meant more to me personally than this picture. It was funny too how it all came about. Our Grandad was very special to me and like you say I will treasure this along with the memories till the end.