Headphones for Tejon?

Dtektor

Tejon Users/All - I am soon to be a Tejon owner/user having previously hunted with Vaquero and most recently Garrett AT Pro. I like the AT Pro but it is hard to unlearn the ways of the Tesoro! I sold my Jolly Rogers headphones when I sold my Vaquero so now I am seeking advice on what you Tejon afficionados like in the way of headphones? let me hear from you.

Dtektor

I recommend Grey Ghost Ultimates for any detector. I don't have a Tejon but I used the Ghosts on my Vaquero. Awesome headphones.
Thanks HungryGhost. I was looking at either the Grey Ghost Ultimates, Jolly Rogers Ultimates, or one of the Killer B "Optima" series lineup. I don't have any hearing impairment (now) but the options are nice to have. Thanks Again for replying and HH.

KRose

I agree with the comments and suggestions here. You can't go wrong with the Grey Ghost Headphones. They are Terrific.:) Congrat's on the new Tejon. In my opinion the GG phones coupled with the Tejon would be a Killer Combo. Best of Luck to you.

Dtektor

I agree with the comments and suggestions here. You can't go wrong with the Grey Ghost Headphones. They are Terrific.:) Congrat's on the new Tejon. In my opinion the GG phones coupled with the Tejon would be a Killer Combo. Best of Luck to you.
Thanks KRose. I sincerely respect the opinions and comments of the users here on Treasure Quest. They are definitely in the top 3 contenders. I am not skimping on cost for the headphones cause I know what a joy to my ears they were when using my Vaquero a short while ago. No trash on Garrett AT Pro, but I really find myself seriously liking the Tesoro machines and I should have just bought a new Tejon instead of the AT Pro. But like they always say "hindsight is 20/20". HH!

PS-I have someone considering a straight trade: my AT Pro for his Tejon. Apparently he bought it from a friend who bought it new but medically crapped out so now I have to decide to either sell my Pro then buy a Tejon or to trade with this guy. My Pro is only 2 months old, used twice (4 hours total), 9.9/10 (allowance for any possible scratches on coil cover). I got a good deal on it through Big Boy Hobbies so I have some wiggle room from new price. Decisions, decisions!! And of course I still need $$ for good phones.

Dtektor

Thanks KRose. I sincerely respect the opinions and comments of the users here on Treasure Quest. They are definitely in the top 3 contenders. I am not skimping on cost for the headphones cause I know what a joy to my ears they were when using my Vaquero a short while ago. No trash on Garrett AT Pro, but I really find myself seriously liking the Tesoro machines and I should have just bought a new Tejon instead of the AT Pro. But like they always say "hindsight is 20/20". HH!

PS-I have someone considering a straight trade: my AT Pro for his Tejon. Apparently he bought it from a friend who bought it new but medically crapped out so now I have to decide to either sell my Pro then buy a Tejon or to trade with this guy. My Pro is only 2 months old, used twice (4 hours total), 9.9/10 (allowance for any possible scratches on coil cover). I got a good deal on it through Big Boy Hobbies so I have some wiggle room from new price. Decisions, decisions!! And of course I still need $$ for good phones.
Which model of Grey Ghost headphones would you use? I definitely don't want the models that have detachable cords. I think that would be a mistake for me. I was seriously dissapointed in the Garrett phones that came with the AT Pro, and when looking into the adapter, etc. their recommended location for the adapter definitely puts the connection in harms way. I hunt in a lot of farm fields and the detector is always tipping over or clods of dirt are sticking up into the area below the arm cuff.

EBCIII

I did not run a Tejon, but did run about every other model Tesero makes. I always ran Killer B's, Wasps. I loved them!! I have had 2 pair of them and would go back to them in a heart beat! I have big ears and they fit nice! Beale.

KRose

Dtektor, as I'm sure you already know, there are quite a few different GG Headphone models to choose from. I run the GG Original phones for my Garrett Master Hunter CX and the GG Amphibian on my AT PRO. I would recommend to pull them up online and just compare the different models and see which ones would work best for you. I personally like the Originals, they work every bit as good as the Amphibians and they are about $ 50.00 less. But they are not waterproof. Best of Luck to you in your decision. If you have anymore questions I'm sure others will chime in as always.