Hellllloooo in HERE here here ere r r r

C'mon all you T2 owners lets get this party started.

Why is Teknetics users so few and far between?

I have been using a Gamma 6000 and am stepping up to the T2.

I think Teknetics are well designed machines.
Super light weight, very low power consumption, easy to use with great features.

What is your opinion on Teknetics and the t2?

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Administrator-Site Founder
I think Teknetics is a relatively new brand and folks tend to wait and see how they perform before taking the plunge. The problem with this is that the name never really gets out there this way. The big names have been out there and are better known so they are more popular. Most also won't pay full price for an unknown without lots of prodding. Look at how many hesitated when the AT Pro came out. They were waiting for reviews and vids other than from the manufacturer or dealer. Dealer vids are too full of hype and not enough real in the field action. They also tend to hop over any faults.

Do a few reviews and vids to help get the name out.

OIFvet

I am on the Teknetics bandwagon! Only have a Delta now, but will upgade to a T2 this spring. I will keep the delta as a second machine for the family. I would really like to hear more about the T2!

:wave:Trying a T-2..stock DD coil and the smaller one. Interested to see how the ID feature is.. Have been a Beep and Digger for 50 plus years..Just remember it is older whiskey, younger wimmen, and newer detectors that will get us in trouble every stinking time.. Any tips to set up and run, send tham over , many thanks:smile:

T2

Bought a slightly used T2 from a dealer. worst detector, ace 150, 250, treasure aceplus, cibola, fisher 1236x , fisher f70, teknetics omega all better. :eek: Sending back to trade in on etrac. probably never buy a new fisher or teknetics again. person who had before me had for only less than a month. I should have known. Craig:banghead:

I can equate to that last post...Am not a computer savvy person..So far, playing, trying to get an understanding of what to do..Let's go do the steps..One I turn it on, comes up all metal..I need to get to discriminate...Do I ground balance, or attempt to, or go to discriminate...Now,in disc, I'll go to 50 on disc, and 80 on sensitivity. Then tones,,,,found them today,,,Go two tones for starters? Very frankly, I am trying to set the machine up. not really understanding what I am doing, or why..I can see where this machine can be a killer,but, until I have confidence that I am doing things, maybe not totally correctly, but in the park, I have to think my Vaquero is not the dust gathering unit.Actually as deep as this T-2....Are there any more detailed start up instructions.other than the Manual? So , the bottom line is based on some spots with fantastic potential, I either learn how to operate it in the next month, or forget it...When was I supposed to ground balance??????:doh:

I have a friend who uses the T2, he's around 70 years old and does quite well with it, he's in a detecting club I'm in and has no trouble with it. I guess to each their own and you usually get out of a detector what you are willing to put into it, do some research and find a detector that suits you and your needs.

You have everything from the Tesoro Compadre to the high end units and to many in between to count

I have been working on it..Still questions. But. I am going to write my own Manual...Went on You Tube and found videos that were of immense help..As far as someone, 70 who does well, that is an invalid statement. I know several people in their 40's who are worse than I am with anything other than a beep and dig. I like the tones, and will be wringing it out next week in a fantastically bad field..One silver dime will say it all, two and I buy a spare, three and my baby Vaquero ............:smile:..we'll cross that bridge when we come to it..........:wavey:

I have been working on it..Still questions. But. I am going to write my own Manual...Went on You Tube and found videos that were of immense help..As far as someone, 70 who does well, that is an invalid statement. I know several people in their 40's who are worse than I am with anything other than a beep and dig. I like the tones, and will be wringing it out next week in a fantastically bad field..One silver dime will say it all, two and I buy a spare, three and my baby Vaquero ............:smile:..we'll cross that bridge when we come to it..........:wavey:
I didn't mean anything by it except even at his age he put the time in the detector and learned it's quirks. I'm not sure what's invalid about that as it's a true statement. If your happy with your Tesoro Vaquero and it works for you then stick with it. I'm not knocking anyone or any brand as I own a Tesoro, Minelab and a Fisher, they each have their own perks and quirks, to each their own different strokes for different folks. What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander.

:baffled:Getting to know the detector..My hunting buddy who has a G-2 is digging up stuff in his yard that he missed with an R-trac????? There are a lot of signals I, sort of , rediscovered in my yard,,I've dug Indians . barbers out in the past, so it will be interesting.. Took the 5 inch coil, threw down some iron junk and nails.Then silver dimes, including a 1/4 real in the area...Maybe I didn't do it right but, the coins all sounded off...I have about 45 minutes outside time on this T-2..It kicks tail, and as soon as you can do it, get the 5 inch coil. It is the TRASH MASTER if there ever was one..I'll be hunting for real this Weds, and am in a quandary...OLD houses, trash....go stock or leave the little guy on????????

pennystock

:baffled:Getting to know the detector..My hunting buddy who has a G-2 is digging up stuff in his yard that he missed with an R-trac????? There are a lot of signals I, sort of , rediscovered in my yard,,I've dug Indians . barbers out in the past, so it will be interesting.. Took the 5 inch coil, threw down some iron junk and nails.Then silver dimes, including a 1/4 real in the area...Maybe I didn't do it right but, the coins all sounded off...I have about 45 minutes outside time on this T-2..It kicks tail, and as soon as you can do it, get the 5 inch coil. It is the TRASH MASTER if there ever was one..I'll be hunting for real this Weds, and am in a quandary...OLD houses, trash....go stock or leave the little guy on????????
this is how i set my T-2 up...turn it on..turn settings knob to DISC mode., i usually set the sens. to 80, then hit the menu button to scroll down, then i set the Disc level to 50, (disc out the iron), then i use 2 tones, you may want to try 3, your silver will be your high tone, then when you are back to the top on Disc mode, turn settings knob to all metal...go to hum and turn it left (-) numbers to quiet it down, usauly a -3 will do....then go to manual ground balance and as you are pushing the pinpoint toggle away from you, turn the settings knob to ground balance manualy.....or, you can ground balance in the auot mode anytime by pushing on the toggle switch and pumping the coil to the ground 3-4 times as you are doing this.....ill pm you my phone number and you can call me if you want to.....once you learn it, iis easy....i can set it up in less than 20 seconds now........you will need to practice this.....ive done this for 4 years now so you will be able to do it in your sleep....

Pennystock, Copied your directions, went outside turned the T-2 on , GB'ed. and started attacking the ground. Frozen,melted ice over ice ,snow, so very dangerous to dance on..I have four signals that came up as. possibly, silver dimes.The area in the rear of my yard has yielded barber dimes and Indians. Just digging around, no metal locator swinging. Used the stock coil, next will be the 5 inch coil..I have to mail an order and check on a friends house, then I'll play with that one.. This is a very interesting detector.. Thank you very much for taking the time to type and post the material:smile: It answered my questions, and was of immense help.. It should be a sticky for the T-2 portion of this site

pennystock

practice, practice, practice.....persistance and perserverance always pays off! good luck with it....you know where to find me...i got out today and will post my finds soon......

Thank you coyote65 for those links. That pdf link was especially helpful.

When I first got my T2 I absolutely hated it.
My Gamma had me spoiled...or complacently comfortable.
The more I use the T2, my Gamma urge lessens.
Both are great machines, but I can see that the T2 is serious about
working deep and in iron infested sites.

Thank you coyote65 for those links. That pdf link was especially helpful.

When I first got my T2 I absolutely hated it.
My Gamma had me spoiled...or complacently comfortable.
The more I use the T2, my Gamma urge lessens.
Both are great machines, but I can see that the T2 is serious about
working deep and in iron infested sites.
Your more than welcome for the links, I try to help any way I can, sometimes I come across to strongly in posts sometimes as it's hard to convey your feelings through typed words. My only peeve on these forums is brand bashing or even particular model bashing especially if the effort wasn't put into it in the first place.

Someone needs to make a detector that picks up FM radio while you're hunting. Then switches over once a target is present. That would be soooo cool!

I water detect. If it can't be submerged, I don't really need it.