HELP! Detector settings question.

PRO PHOTOG

I should've asked this last night. :mad::oops:

I'm doing a recovery job this morning and it is INDOORS in an ATTIC. I'm trying to find a wedding band. I have my Garret Pro pointer, AT Pro, and my Whites DFX 300. Any idea what the best settings would be on the AT Pro or Whites DFX would be that would discriminate the sheetrock screws/nails and copper wire that I'm sure are going to be everywhere?

The big dummy thanks you in advance.:notworthy:

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Gold and aluminum have the same properties to a detector so it may not be possible to use it in the attic. This in my opinion may be an eyeballl recovery. That being said, you might try discriminating out everything except the gold/aluminum range. You will still get some false tones but it should lessen the constant overload. This is assuming the ring is gold. If its silver, eliminate everything not in the silver range. Titanium, Good luck.

I should've asked this last night. :mad::oops:

I'm doing a recovery job this morning and it is INDOORS in an ATTIC. I'm trying to find a wedding band. I have my Garret Pro pointer, AT Pro, and my Whites DFX 300. Any idea what the best settings would be on the AT Pro or Whites DFX would be that would discriminate the sheetrock screws/nails and copper wire that I'm sure are going to be everywhere?

The big dummy thanks you in advance.:notworthy:
Since it's in an attic turn the lights out and use one of those new types of small high powered LED flashlights with an adjustable beam.Keep the beam narrow and your eyes will only focus on that one spot of light.Just take your time and you'll find it.