Help needed

I have a Smart Tracker XR9 mfg. by Techna Inc. El Paso Tx .
Have no user manual or instructions. Have searched the web for hours
and have turned up empty. It is a TR discriminator metal locator and seems
to work but i am not sure of the controls functions ect.
If anyone has any knowledge of this dude i would like to learn more about it
and its use.
Thanks Roger.

Attachments

Found this on a Vintage Metal Detector site maybe of some help It's a TR that only has two knobs, one knob is the tuner and the other knob is to turn it on and set the gain/volume. To use it, set the knob that turns it on to about 3/4's of it's adjustment range and, making sure there's no metal under the coil, lower the coil to about an inch from the ground and use the tuning knob to get a just barely audible threshold. The coil has to be kept as close to the same distance from the ground as you can keep it when swinging the coil or the threshold will get louder or go silent, and it will probably have to be frequently re-adjusted to keep it tuned. The meter is an intensity meter that shows signal strength and there should be red and green lights that indicate ferrous and nonferrous tagets, green for nonferrous and red for ferrous.

Found this on a Vintage Metal Detector site maybe of some help It's a TR that only has two knobs, one knob is the tuner and the other knob is to turn it on and set the gain/volume. To use it, set the knob that turns it on to about 3/4's of it's adjustment range and, making sure there's no metal under the coil, lower the coil to about an inch from the ground and use the tuning knob to get a just barely audible threshold. The coil has to be kept as close to the same distance from the ground as you can keep it when swinging the coil or the threshold will get louder or go silent, and it will probably have to be frequently re-adjusted to keep it tuned. The meter is an intensity meter that shows signal strength and there should be red and green lights that indicate ferrous and nonferrous tagets, green for nonferrous and red for ferrous.

Thanks ever so much i have been playing around with it and your info will help me get a better grip on it tnks agn Roger.

well it appears you told me more than i knew, and don't know how you
were able to take a photo and put an instruction manual on it,very nice job.
Well i guess me and the machine share something already we both are old
and neither of work like a new model.
thanks again, Roger.

drno

TEchna Xr9 manual

Since no one seems to have a manual for the XR9, is there other detector that is similar with the same controls that can be used? I tried several suggestions and I either get full meter deflection in almost evry posityion or no meter movement at all. I know that there must be some order to folllow in setting the unit up, but I am lost about what it is.

I first started with a Garrett VLF TR detector that was very similar . Maybe you can find a manual online for it. STILL, your best bet is to play with it with different coins,,, including a silver coin, til you get the idea of it. Years ago, not as many people detected & most coins that were lost were silver . I found a lot of change with that one. One guy lost a gold necklace in a yard & unbelievably,, I found it ! He had to have the detector & we traded for something he had that was probably worth $300 to me !!!!!!

steve07

Since no one seems to have a manual for the XR9, is there other detector that is similar with the same controls that can be used? I tried several suggestions and I either get full meter deflection in almost evry posityion or no meter movement at all. I know that there must be some order to folllow in setting the unit up, but I am lost about what it is.
Did you look at the photo from Homefire with the settings texts?