Hip mount with AT PRO

nissn1

stem_001.jpg
Just wondering if anyone has made up a hip mount for the at pro?Seems like a good idea, i have a el cheapo metal detector and the stem fits the at pro stem and it feels nice and light without the electronic unit attached. I may just buy a cover and incorporate a belt mount for it to sling into to try it out . This is the cheapo stem and handle , with the garrett lower stem and and standard coil fitted.

Last edited:
Nice looking setup nissn1. I'd be interested in hearing how it works. I've heard a lot of people have trouble with ATP unless the coil wire is wound just right around the pole. I'm wondering if having it completely loose and moving with each swing will lead to a lot of falsing.

I need to do this for my girlfriends ACE 250 because her wrists can't handle swinging for too long. An alternative to hip-mounting the box would be a harness for the detector. I bought her a Swingy Thingy a couple years ago which she uses sometimes.

nissn1

Well i went back to the standard mount although the hip mount worked well and much easier to use the pro for longer periods of time but since my eyes aren't so good i was not able to read the screen so easily. Also found a new place to store the pocket knife or spare batteries :D
garrett acc 001.JPG
garrett acc 003.JPG

nissn1

I bought one of those carbon rods , actually doesn't feel that much lighter, but what does make a big difference is using the pro as a hipmount. As in the pictures just get hold of 2 old measuring tapes and the take the belt clips off and replace on the top screws of the speaker cover. Then i just wear the unit on my lower jeans pocket or belt, works a treat or just leave in place with them fitted to the stem for when needed. Just need to remember to wear your headphones on the side you have the unit placed, so their is sufficient cable! :)

Attachments