Hotter Than Hades Hunt

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
DSCN2392.JPG
DSCN2391.JPG

The break in the heat wave didn't last long and Sunday was another hot one, topping out at 88 degrees. We hunted a middle school that had no shade whatsoever and after two hours we packed it in for the day. We found a nearby restaurant and had a really good sausage pizza for dinner. After two hours in the outdoor inferno the two Sam's Summer Ales I had went down real easy ! Total finds were 49 coins worth $6.35.

88 degrees would feel like a Blue Norther blew in here in central Texas during the past 2 months. :) I've been getting out with my detector for a couple of hours before sundown almost every day. The temperature when I start hunting is usually right at 100 degrees and it doesn't cool down much until an hour or two after dark.
~Texas Jay

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
88 degrees would feel like a Blue Norther blew in here in central Texas during the past 2 months. :) I've been getting out with my detector for a couple of hours before sundown almost every day. The temperature when I start hunting is usually right at 100 degrees and it doesn't cool down much until an hour or two after dark.
~Texas Jay
When I was young I could take the heat no matter how hot it was. Now at age 72 the heat gets to me so I limit my time out in the hot weather. Most of the time I won't go out if the temp is more than 85 and even then I limit my time. I don't like Northern winters but I'd absolutely HATE Texas summers.

I don't know Ed , I thought it was just me trying to adjust to a new location and the weather swings that goes with it. Yesterday it was 43 degrees at 6 A.M.. By 3 P.M.,, it was 83 and humid. I waited until 5 P.M. before I started cutting down some trees.
The weather was tough this past Winter, and for us treasure hunters, it's just as tough this Summer.
Congrats on getting out and stay cool.

I don't know Ed , I thought it was just me trying to adjust to a new location and the weather swings that goes with it. Yesterday it was 43 degrees at 6 A.M.. By 3 P.M.,, it was 83 and humid. I waited until 5 P.M. before I started cutting down some trees.
The weather was tough this past Winter, and for us treasure hunters, it's just as tough this Summer.
Congrats on getting out and stay cool.
Thanks Kevin,
The weather has really affected our hunts this year. It was rain earlier in the year and now it's the heat. I can't wait for September to arrive.

DigsNW

I have been a member here since 2008 and over the years we all want spring to get here and we all want fall to get here, but across the country it seem fall comes with a vengeance anymore and seems spring turns to summer as soon as it arrives. I don't have data to see but it does seem we are having less days each years to detect in our climate comfort zone. Just an unscientific observation by me.