How did I.......

DigsNW

ever hunt without it. The Garrett Pro-Pointer Pinpoint Probe is everything I had heard about. Used mine yesterday in two hunts with SkateCreek and Night Hawk. It is right on and makes finding the item so much quicker. If it is within a couple inches of the surface you use it to pinpoint the object so you dig a small plug and I mean small. You can also outline the object to see how big it is or isn't. Once in the hole it shows exactly where the object is . The 360 side scan didn't mess me up as there are some tips here to help with that. It is a tool I am glad is in my arsenal and will use it like my right arm from now on. It is small and light and easy to handle and hold too. I am glad I own one and if you are thinking of buying one make sure you do.

Shufu

Just finished sending an order into Kellyco, and of course a pinpointer was on the list.....can't wait to give it a try !

I've been wanting to get a pin pointer for a while and after seeing yours in action yesterday I really want one. I can see how it would save a ton of time recovering coins.

At the rate I'm finding clad I should be able to afford one by spring. :lol:

DigsNW

I've been wanting to get a pin pointer for a while and after seeing yours in action yesterday I really want one. I can see how it would save a ton of time recovering coins.

At the rate I'm finding clad I should be able to afford one by spring.
At your rate it will be next week. :lol: Wish I could have kept up.

i agree. my propointer is the best MD'ing accesory i have ever bought.
:bthumb:

I can hardly hunt without a pinpointer anymore. My vibraprobe broke last week so I ordered the Garrett. can't wait to use it.
You will like it once you try it, if you like hand helds. It is a pinpointer that really works as advertised and I like the size too.

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
I use a cheap HF PP and I love it. I found out that it works really well if you keep fresh alkaline batteries in it. I can get an air test of 6+ inches on a new 9 volt and about 3 or 4 inches in the ground. IF the cheap one works this well, I can't imagine how I would do with a really good one.

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
Dave, I like mine also..never thought I would, but I do..will not hunt with out it...Good tool for the job...Chuck......:bthumb: :bthumb: :bthumb: :bthumb:

Gotta have it with me !

I ask a lotta questions on this pointer. I gotta it a few months ago and I can't do without it. I forgot it one time and it was difficult without it had to go back and get it.

r49miner

I have to thank the group for mentioning the The Garrett Pro-Pointer Pinpoint Probe. It;s fantastic. The only thing it doesn't do is pick the target up and clean it for you. Really worth the bucks.

I ask a lotta questions on this pointer. I gotta it a few months ago and I can't do without it. I forgot it one time and it was difficult without it had to go back and get it.
HaHa I've done the same thing . I kinda got lucky picking mine out. It was the only one they had at the place I bought my Prizm this spring. My two hunting buddies went out and each got one after seeing and using mine. Love it .:bthumb:

DigsNW

I have to thank the group for mentioning the The Garrett Pro-Pointer Pinpoint Probe. It;s fantastic. The only thing it doesn't do is pick the target up and clean it for you. Really worth the bucks.
That is what this place is all about. I am not one to tell you that you have to have this particular piece of equipment or you are not a good metal detector but I like to share what works for me and how it works. Most here have the same mind set and that is one reason this forum is the best.
BTW why didn't you get the model that does pick the target up and clean it for you? I did.:lol::lol:

Well if I didn't have mine I probably wouldn't have found this. It was a bad signal to start with.,and it pinpointed wrong.
It sniffed it out about 4" away :biggrin: I was about to give up on it whe the PP ticked just a little .:wink:
:bow: to the Pro Pointer :lol:

Attachments

DigsNW

Wow, that is a great find and glad the GPP helped before you gave up. Makes me wonder how many finds all of us give up on when we shouldn't have.

swamp yankee

Well if I didn't have mine I probably wouldn't have found this. It was a bad signal to start with.,and it pinpointed wrong.
It sniffed it out about 4" away :biggrin: I was about to give up on it whe the PP ticked just a little .:wink:
:bow: to the Pro Pointer :lol:
Nice score Digger, have a Garrett p.p. on the way. Glad to know it's a good tool and works great! Thanks,Swamp Yankee