How I make money metal detecting

PRO PHOTOG

I've mentioned before that I'm on a site called theringfinders.com and the membership has paid off nicely. I average about two calls a month, more in the summer, less in the winter.

My rates are:

$1.10 per mile (one way)

$100.00 per hour (land recovery)

$125.00 per hour for water recovery (up to 3 feet deep)

$150.00 per hour for water recovery (3' - 5')

$200.00 per hour for water recovery ( 5' to 12') Plus scuba equipment rental

$400.00 per hour for water recovery (12' - 25') Plus scuba equipment rental (dive partner included)

NOTE: I don't charge my hourly fee for law enforcement or military (active or retired).

PRO PHOTOG

The other bonus, is if you are in an area that had Civil War activity. Revolutionary War, or just an old area you can usually get permission to hunt for the goodies too. ;)

schoser2

I always wondered how much coin money is currently out of circulation. Like, just pick one average town anywhere and you had all those coins that have been lost and put them into a pile in front of you.Every one of them, anywhere they might be. How much would it be. That's just one town. Now think of every town in the country. What's the number? Of course there's no way to ever realistically make that happen, but just think how much money you could make if you could do that. Boggles the mind!

I've mentioned before that I'm on a site called theringfinders.com and the membership has paid off nicely. I average about two calls a month, more in the summer, less in the winter.

My rates are:

$1.10 per mile (one way)

$100.00 per hour (land recovery)

$125.00 per hour for water recovery (up to 3 feet deep)

$150.00 per hour for water recovery (3' - 5')

$200.00 per hour for water recovery ( 5' to 12') Plus scuba equipment rental

$400.00 per hour for water recovery (12' - 25') Plus scuba equipment rental (dive partner included)

NOTE: I don't charge my hourly fee for law enforcement or military (active or retired).
I just got set up on ring finders after reading your post. I am the only person around on there for a good distance in several directions so I hope something will turn up for me.