How many people on this site use Dowsing?

I want to know how many on this web site use dowsing. Iam very lonely nobody where live that dowse i live in Mass. no club's or to chat with about it . I talk about to people think i am from the moon or a witch or need to be in a L bin . I am very honest person down to earth!! :doh:

Lt1stone

I've done it and still am. I'm trying map dowsing right now and still working on it.I want to double and triple check it to confirm that I'm doing it right. Ilike using l rods and trying a pendulum.

Hey Mass glassman,
I know what you mean, I had no dowsing friends when I started out.
Don't worry about what people think of you. There is a reason that you want to explore this phenomenon and you should follow your heart with what you want to accomplish. I practice and use dowsing almost everyday. I know people who are very religeous that practice dowsing so I feel it has nothing to do with witchcraft. Dowsing has improved my life in many ways and it can do it for you too. I can help get you started out.
There are many websites about dowsing, just go to google/yahoo and type in Dowsing in the search box.
You may also email me or post your questions here so everyone can assist you with what has worked for them.
Jon

I use a pendulum and L rod..

I want to know how many on this web site use dowsing. Iam very lonely nobody where live that dowse i live in Mass. no club's or to chat with about it . I talk about to people think i am from the moon or a witch or need to be in a L bin . I am very honest person down to earth!! :doh:
I use a bronce small pendulum with a some mercury drops,,into the chamber,,, and L rod build for myself.. but i guess make it a change..:icon_wink:icon_wink

HOWDY

I don't dowse for treasure but I do use divining rods in my job for locating underground pipes. it takes alot of practice and you have to believe. I also have an electronic pipe locator and about 7 times out of 10 the divining rods are right on the money, they just can't tell me how deep. my grandpa would use willow branches to witch water and underground streams and he was quite good at it. don't ask me how it works, but it does.

Glenn

In the past
I have successfully dowsed for graves,
of the unmarked kind,
in the local cemetery.
Because of shoddy and/or non-existent record keeping in the past
we did not want to sell burial lots that already
contained interments.
I made myself a pair of angle rods from
clothes hangers and
went to work.
More often than not, I was successful as evidenced
the use of a follow up probe.

soapy

I have dowsed for water to put in well works great. Never for coins or gold would not know how to do it.

I have a story about this subject. My Father used to drill water wells and many time folks would know a local "witch" or ask if we knew how to witch. My father has dug many wells in our local area and has said many time he has dug as many dry holes as wet hole when taking the advise of a water well witch so I never gave much credence to the practice.
My Mom, when she was living, was into genealogy and conducted a lot of research and record collecting dealing with old cemeteries so she spend a lot of time in around them. One day while at our family cemetery she noticed my Great Grandparents tombstone had their names facing east on the stone and everyone elses names in the whole cemetery had their names facing west so their stone looked out of place. My parents had picked out and bought a tombstone long before their death and when they went to set the stone my parents where there and my Mother asked the delivery guys to turn my Great Grand Parents stone around so it would look like all the other stones in the cemetery and they did as she asked.
My Mother passed in 2006 and my father kind of took up her research and was looking to locate some of the graves of some of our long lost relatives which had been unmarked. One of the graves of one of our relatives he had always been told that they could not afford a plot so they buried one person on top of the other person who had been buried there many years before but never added this second occupants name to the marker.
Anyway one day there was a article in the local newspaper about a man who was about seventy years old and had recently returned to the area to visit some of his family and they went to the local cemetery to see his relatives and found that a road had been built over an unmarked grave of his little brother. This man happened to be a dowser and he said his test shower the grave was under the road just like he remembered. He wanted the cemetery association to remove the road so he could place a marker on the grave plus he didn't like the fact that people where driving over his little brothers grave. Some how or another the local news paper did a story about this mans quest and this set off a fire storm debate in the news paper about dowsing and many people wrote letter about how this guy was a fraud and how it was "the work of the Devil". Many people said this man was evil for wanting to basically mark his brothers grave after all these years.
My father seen this all unfolding in the newspaper and thought maybe he would ask this man to give it a try to find some of our lost family members graves. Before he took him to the sites where he though the lost graves where he took him to the graves of my Great Grand Parents and to the grave containing the two bodies with out telling this man the stories behind these graves just to see if he could detect anything different about these grave sites. This man lived about an hour and a half away from my Father and had not been around our area for a long time and only met my father about a half an hour before my Dad took him to the graves.
The first grave my father took him to was my Great Grandparents, who's stone my Mother several years before had turned around, and after he went over it, much to my Fathers surprise, he said a woman was buried where the mans name was and a man was buried where the woman's name was. My Father said it even had the dowser confused to the point he started to doubt himself. Then my Father took the man to the grave where the two bodies had been stacked on top of each other and after going over it a few times said he thought there where two bodies in the one grave! He said he couldn't tell if they where of men or of a woman but it definitely appeared that there where two bodies in the one grave! My father never did tell this man the stories but it convinced him that there was something to this mans methods. My father then took the dowser to the section of the cemetery where he had been told the unmarked graves where and he found several places where he said bodies had been buried but we never did find out which ones where our relative.
I wish I could have printed this story in the paper so those people who said this guy was a fraud could read it but sometimes things are better left unsaid. They probably would have never believed me anyway.
SD

steve07

Label

People always label what they do not understand and Witchcraft always gets blamed like its a bad thing. Remember folks without the Witches of old there were no Healers, or Counselors and no Advisers. It was only after the new "Religion" emerged that Witchcraft was labeled Blasphemous. Dowsing has been an excepted practice for more than 2 thousand years (maybe more, I'm guessing)....I was wrong (see below)!!!

Update: A bas relief in the Shantung Province of China from about 3000B.C. shows Yu, a 'master of the science of the earth and in those matters concerning water veins and springs'. The figure is holding a forked instrument. The mosaic floor in the ancient synagogue at Bet Alfa in Israel's Jezreel Valley dated from 1500B.C. contains a zodiac with a figure under Aquarius holding what could well be a forked dowsing rod. In 1556 Georgius Agricola published his work 'De Re Metallica' which clearly shows dowsing activity in the woodcut therein. One dowser is shown cutting a branch from a tree, whilst two others are shown in the act of dowsing using forked twigs, whilst surrounded by "miners" digging. The origin of the verb is uncertain but was mentioned by in the seventeenth century essay by John Locke. 'Some Considerations of the Consequences of the Lowering of Interest in relation to dowsing for mines of gold or silver'. He spelled the word deusing whilst most modern dictionaries spell it dowsing or dousing. Pronunciation varies from the common to rhyme with browse to the rarer to rhyme with house.

What can be dowsed:

Water
The search for water is an important and practical exposition of the art. In addition to predicting the position where water may be successfully found a good dowser will also be able to indicate its portability, depth, volume, pressure and the sort of geological strata that will have to be drilled through to reach the source. Whilst most people have some idea of water lying underground as a water table dowsers are also able to pinpoint water lying in underground streams or aquifers when adjacent drilling would only be into dry rock.
Archeological Sites
Dowsers are able to detect changes in soil formations beneath the surface and to find hidden foundations of earlier buildings.
Soil Testing and Agriculture
Soils can be analysed for acidity, organic content and nutrient status. Plants and animals can be checked for diseases and seeds for germination.
Mineral and Oil Prospecting
As indicated above the use of dowsing in searching for minerals is ages old and in more recent times the art has been successfully used to locate oil fields. Some modern say Gold miners use dowsing quite successfully.
Site surveys
Dowsing has been employed to locate hidden and dangerous mine shafts, underground tunnels and all manner of building services such as electricity, gas, water, telephone lines on building sites.
Healing and Medicine
Dowsing is widely used to detect and seek the causes of imbalance leading to poor health as well as determining the most suitable remedies. Food intolerance and allergies is another area where dowsing has been of help.
Earth Energies and Geopathic Stress
The study of the energy patterns associated with standing stones, circles and other ancient sites can be greatly assisted by the use of dowsing. How these energies interact with more modern buildings and the people who dwell therein can be determined with the use of the dowsing faculty and advice given on how to minimize malign effects.
Missing Objects
Although a difficult and problematic area for many dowsers, success in this area has been clearly demonstrated. Again, expert advice should be sought.

LizardsKeep

I have a little contraption that was used for dowsing gold, silver and water. This thing is round and about the size of a baseball and was attached to a stick by a cord of some kind. The other end has a threaded hole where you attach one of three rods. One is for gold, one is for silver and the other is for water. To use this thing you hang it on a stick and watch to see if it pulls in one direction or another. You let it “Pull” you until it hangs straight down. At that point you are over what you’re looking for.
I’ve dated it to around 1900 more or less. Haven’t tried it out yet but intend to when I have time to …..waste??

bdahunter

TQ's Master Pirate
I wish I had a dollar for everytime somebody came up to me while I was detecting and asked me "Does that thing really work"? People seem to doubt and mistrust anything they are unfamiliar with.
Why anyone would ask such a question is a mystery to me, of course my metal detectors work, I don't go out of my way to waste my time swinging this thing for no good reason.:spin: I wish people would use their head for more than a hat rack.:doh:

will you share a photo of this

will you share a photo of this

I have a little contraption that was used for dowsing gold, silver and water. This thing is round and about the size of a baseball and was attached to a stick by a cord of some kind. The other end has a threaded hole where you attach one of three rods. One is for gold, one is for silver and the other is for water. To use this thing you hang it on a stick and watch to see if it pulls in one direction or another. You let it “Pull” you until it hangs straight down. At that point you are over what you’re looking for.
I’ve dated it to around 1900 more or less. Haven’t tried it out yet but intend to when I have time to …..waste??