Hunting HOT ground with the MXT

E

Ed from Appomattox

I recently hunted an organized hunt in Culpeper Virginia amongst some of the hottest (heavily mineralized) ground known to man.

I must say that the MXT handled this ground very well as long as I hunted in the “Ground Track mode”. I had to ground balance often as the ground conditions changed frequently but it was a nothing more the pumping the coil a few times until I got a consistent threshold.

The only thing I did different was hunted with the DD coil instead of the stock coil. I also listened for any rise in threshold and dug every target that was in the positive after removing the first shovel of dirt.

Attachments

B

boobieinPa

That was a very productive day for you.
The house sure is looking good. It's a place that makes you wonder what it's history is.

I hunted in the “Ground Track mode”. I had to ground balance often as the ground conditions changed frequently but it was a nothing more the pumping the coil a few times until I got a consistent threshold.
I know you were in hot ground but, Was wonderin why you had to pump the coil to ground balance often? doesn't the auto trac do it for you , as you swing? Rich.