I just purchased a GTI 1500

Greetings all from Alabama, I just purchased a Garrett GTI 1500 last week. I have little metal detecting experience. I owned a White's 3000/D when I was like 12 years old. It's amazing how much technology has changed since then. This machine is a little more difficult to master than I initially realized. I'm spending time with it in my yard and in my prepared test bed. It seems to be a little off on some targets giving false id's. I guess I need to play with the sensitivity a little. I realize now that I will have to spend more time with it to learn this machine more. I'm sure I will be asking questions down the road. By the way, I'm new to this forum. David

LizardsKeep

[FONT=&quot]Greetings from a Texas cow lot [/FONT][FONT=&quot]:wavey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and welcome to TQ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Congrats on the new machine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]don't be bashful[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]someone on here will have the answers you need.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]:duel:
[/FONT]​

EBCIII

Welcome to the site David! Very glad you are here! Practice with that MD until you know it like the back of your hand. Good luck to you it is a very good MD, Beale.

draaiorgel

A very warm welcome to TQ from Scotland. :wave::wave:

Good machine you picked, Garrett is a well respected name in MD'n.

:multi::multi::multi::multi::multi:​

dogpound

welcome to the site, i picked up a GTI 1500 mid september and love it. i had a gta 1000 in the past so i was already used to the garretts. the size imaging will really save ya alot of time digging those smashed cans that normally ring up as a quarter. these are very easy machines to learn and master. newer pennies will ring up a couple notches below the penny mark and sometimes a dime will ring up in the penny notch but they are always strong clear sounds, these gti's are coin finding machines. good luck and after a few hours you'll have it mastered.