I just sent my B.H. ID. in for the "Super 12 coil"

I can't wait to test it!! I will post my findings when I do...plan some heavy hunting this winter.....gonna check out that spot where the "COBS" came from see if the new coil finds me more!!!!:bthumb::multi::mean:

I just checked up on my detector

:multi: I should have by next week maybe sooner!! I will post how it does on the beach! as soon as I hunt with it!:biggrin:

gobble-gobble

BHID Program for more Depth

1- Turn on the BHID & gothrough the normal set up, ( steps 2 through 4)
2-Set sens. to pre-set with mode switch in disc. mode
3-Turn threshold control to faint threshold
4-Set mode switch to all- metal mode & ground balance machine normally
5-After ground balanceing & while still in the AM mode, turn sens. to max. The threshold will change to a high shrill.
6- Hit reset to return to normal threshold.
7- Return to the AM mode & re-do the ground balance. There will be a narrower window within which to balance at this time.
8-Leave the mode switch in AM mode & begin hunting. There will be a marked improvement in depth.
9- NOTE-- There will no longer be tone identification between the targets. However, the target ID lights will still be accurate.

I have been useing this program for many years, & also put it up on other fourms, It is being used with GREAT results, Ck. it out you won't be sorry. With the stock 9 1/2" coil depending on conditions you could get up to 14" no lie. Ck. out the other fourms & see what everyone is saying. Good Luck & God Bless.
Rem ( Gobble- Gobble)

1- Turn on the BHID & gothrough the normal set up, ( steps 2 through 4)
2-Set sens. to pre-set with mode switch in disc. mode
3-Turn threshold control to faint threshold
4-Set mode switch to all- metal mode & ground balance machine normally
5-After ground balanceing & while still in the AM mode, turn sens. to max. The threshold will change to a high shrill.
6- Hit reset to return to normal threshold.
7- Return to the AM mode & re-do the ground balance. There will be a narrower window within which to balance at this time.
8-Leave the mode switch in AM mode & begin hunting. There will be a marked improvement in depth.
9- NOTE-- There will no longer be tone identification between the targets. However, the target ID lights will still be accurate.

I have been useing this program for many years, & also put it up on other fourms, It is being used with GREAT results, Ck. it out you won't be sorry. With the stock 9 1/2" coil depending on conditions you could get up to 14" no lie. Ck. out the other fourms & see what everyone is saying. Good Luck & God Bless.
Rem ( Gobble- Gobble)

I am not saying you are wrong but I think I get the same results with it in AM mode. I asked this question of the tech at whites after getting a PM from someone on this, This was his reply.

Thank you for e-mailing us at Whites Electronics

I think your right .They are getting good depth by turning up the gain and hunting in all metal.

Sincerely

Todd
Hi Bill

I am sure just by turning up the gain and putting the detector in all metal should give you the same results.Especially if you get a good ground balance.

Sincerely

Todd

gobble-gobble

:wavey:Hi Bill, With useing the standard stock settings , turn on ground balance put in AM & go , you get good depth. By useing this program you do get much better depth. This was given to me a few yrs. back by our metal detecing store, by a customer who was fooling around & hit onto this. I myself & many BHID uses have noticed a large increase in the depth, I still use the 9 1/2" coil & there is a big difference. Here at our club all the members that own a BHID are useing this program & they all say the same . WOW!. Good Hunting Rem
Heading down your way fri. the 19th for a few days to hunt the treasure coast with a few friends. Staying in VERO BEACH, are you close to that area ? If you are , lets all try to hook up even for coffee.:wave:

Thanks for the info I will give it a try, I don't know if I want to dig any deeper than I already am LOL.

No I am on the West Coast of Florida near Sarasota but thanks for the offer.

Beach Hunter , I was going to buy a beach hunter off ebay , but lost the bid.. I have a beach hunter ID 300 on lay-a- way Got it for $800. I told them about the deal on ebay, They say it was not to be, if I did get it I would have to send it to whites and have the New 12 inch coil put on, and the beach Hunter was from 2002.old. Cost $ 200 + shipping.:multi::multi::multi::multi:

Ric-san

Im getting ready to ship mine in for work...still has the older 950 coil...we'll see if the still offer the larger coil mod...

Rick