I love garage sales!

Oh, what a great topic to add to the forum. Thanks for getting it started.

I have found many deals over the years, way too many to even begin to remember them all.

Some of my best of the last few weeks tho have been a women's Columbia brand mid weight coat, looks brand new, in lavendar and grape, for..... .50! I couldn't believe it when I saw it for that! Needless to say it came home with me. :bthumb:

At the same sale I got my husband a pair of Wrangler jeans, like new, a heavy weight, good quality Marine Corps t-shirt (he's a former Marine) and he found a gun holder that mounts to a work bench for working on your gun. The total for all, including the coat was $2.

Yesterday I didn't find a lot, but I did get a 12 inch T-fal stainless steel skillet with the induction bottom for $5.

A couple of weeks ago our neighbor had a sale and knowing I love to read she GAVE me over 270 books! You can't beat free. :bthumb:

bigd

Great deals Clovis! We enjoy going to yard sales almost every Saturday morning and go to an estate auction on Thursday nights. It's amazing what you can find.

Mikey

TQ's Underwater Pirate
Great deals you got. Tell your husband, " Thanks Marine for your service ". Keep on hunting those good deals. Mikey :bthumb:

Thanks Mike, I'll do that, he'll appreciate it.

And as for the sales, we try to go every Saturday too if possible. People around this area like them so much if someone has one indoors in a heated building when it's zero out they will still have a huge turn out. I think we start going into sale withdrawls. :lol:

draaiorgel

Hi Clovis, :wave::wave:
Good to cya. We hope you're keeping well. :bthumb::bthumb::bthumb::bthumb:
Yard sales never caught on here, the nearest thing we have to that is car boot (trunk) sales usually held in public car parks, or dis-used airfields, sometimes even in parks or village greens.
Yep we've had quite a few bargain buys over the years at them.
:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic

Hello back! :wavey: I'm doing pretty well health wise lately. No major seizures for a while, but I do have to be very careful in this heat. The heat index today is 124!

The car boot sales sound pretty neat. Here people will do that sometimes at flea markets, just sell their things out of a car trunk or truck bed instead of setting up tables.

DigsNW

Good finds for you at the garage sales. We have tons of them here and a lot of people go to lots of them. Me I don't enjoy them so just stay away. My wife likes to go and stops at some of them..
I do hope you keep finding some good deals in the future.

steve07

Very Good!!!

I love Tag Sales, Garage Sales and all the Sales like that.
There is always a bargain to be had!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

DigsNW

Hi Clovis, :wave::wave:
Good to cya. We hope you're keeping well. :bthumb::bthumb::bthumb::bthumb:
Yard sales never caught on here, the nearest thing we have to that is car boot (trunk) sales usually held in public car parks, or dis-used airfields, sometimes even in parks or village greens.
Yep we've had quite a few bargain buys over the years at them.
:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic
It is so funny you said that today Ian. I was watching Antiques Roadshow in England today and they were talking about a car boot sale. If you hadn't said it a few hours earlier I wouldn't have known. Thanks for the education. :bthumb:

We hit several last Saturday and didn't find a thing til the last one.

There I found my hubby two pairs of brand new (tags still on) Lee brand jeans for $3 each and a pair of vintage Levi's in good condtion in the free box! All fit him perfectly.

Friday evening we went to several and I spent a total of $6 and got 5 blouses, one pair of shorts, a pair of jeans and a book. Gotta love them sales! :biggrin: