Identification Help.

xdevildoggx

Need help identifying an old milk bottle. The front of the bottle says milk and 1890. The back has a cow and the bottom has a star. It was found in Visalia, California. Lots of dairies in the area but no one seems to know where it came from. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Chris

Attachments

Star dairy?

Chris,

i would try the obvious. Search LONE STAR Dairy. See if they were in that area. Lone Star was a California dairy. Not sure how long Golden Star has been around.

I kind of would start with that Star, because I think it is probably key, especially with a bottle that old. Companies were pretty simplistic with their logos.

Good luck.:wavey:

im guessing your bottle might just be a display bottle made for sitting on shelf not actually in production for dairy use. Feel the inside lip and see if it is smooth or has a place for a card board cap to sit on

Out4gold

im guessing your bottle might just be a display bottle made for sitting on shelf not actually in production for dairy use. Feel the inside lip and see if it is smooth or has a place for a card board cap to sit on
Reproduction, it just may be.
Lot's of them out there and some were just thown away when people cleaned up or it did not sell in the yard sale.

Out4gold