I'm Just Curious

Discussion in 'Whites Metal Detectors' started by KRose, Aug 20, 2017.

1. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    I use a Whites Mxt Pro and I'm curious to know who on the forum here uses Whites detectors and uses the Anderson Shaft stand (that mounts to the upper shaft using two thumb screws). I like keeping the detector up off the ground as much as I can. With the rear door to the battery compartment low to the ground or at ground level, this helps protect the battery compartment from water, mud, dirt, pollen, etc. I have used this stand and am very pleased with how this works. They are lightweight and do not seem to hamper you in your normal swing as you hunt. Unfortunately, I lost mine the last time out and was unable to find it. You have to occasionally check the screws to make sure they are tight and I guess mine became loose at some point and came off. I have just ordered another one and I should be getting it this week. These do work pretty well if you have ever thought about one. Happy Hunting.

2. homefire

homefire Well-Known Member

3. sojourner

sojourner Well-Known Member

Retired
    I use a White's M6 detector but don't use a stand. Way back in the 1980's I bought a stand for my White's 6000di (can't remember the brand name) and ended up not liking it. I haven't used one since. I try to be careful when setting the detector down and as of yet haven't had any problems with debris or moisture getting into the box.

KRose likes this.
  4. against the wind

against the wind Well-Known Member

"Lost Treasure Detective"
    Hope your new stand arrives shortly.

KRose likes this.
  5. backwater52

backwater52 Active Member

construction
    those Anderson stands look nice and light.

KRose likes this.
  6. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    They are well made and are light. They fit pretty snug on the shaft but you still have to check the thumb screws occasionally just to ensure they haven't loosened. My losing mine was my fault in not checking the screws and it dropped off probably when I sat the detector down. I plan on returning to this same area. I'll probably find it now that I have another one on the way. If you've considered one of these I could recommend one. I like the fact that it keeps the box of the detector up off the ground. If you do decide on one, like anything else, price shop. I paid $14.99 for mine. I've seen them advertised for as much as $18.00 to $20.00 on ebay and on other sites.

7. homefire

homefire Well-Known Member

Being a Cheap Skate I'm make one.