Interference.....

Is anyone having interference with other detectors with their 350? I went out detecting with some guys and if anyone got within a few feet of me my 350 would go nuts. I just noticed this as I hunted with these guys previously, but not sure I got close enough to them to notice or not. Also, I noticed that my pistol pointer set it off more now than before.

You guys think I may need to talk to Garrett? This is my first machine.

steve07

Well...

Not an expert, but I know only MD's of the same frequency will set each other off. That would be the first thing to check into.

DBG

I haven't had that problem with mine.
Of coarse if I get real close it will
But I'm talking about almost touching.
:yikes::pbiggrin::bthumb:

Yes I have, but my dad and I both have the 350. We have to stay several feet apart from each other. I can point my coil at him from 20 feet or more and make his detector go nuts.:biggrin:

Not an expert, but I know only MD's of the same frequency will set each other off. That would be the first thing to check into.
These guys had various models so I don't know if they are on the same frequency or not. Previously my pistol pointer wouldn't set it off within a few feet, but now it seems that distance has to be larger not to set it off.

May need to check my sensitivity on it also, can't remember what I had it set on last time.

draaiorgel

That sounds quite normal. :yikes::yikes:
We always kept a gap between us of about 20 feet. :bthumb::bthumb::bthumb:
BTW most machines would react to pin pointers as well if they're switched on and too close to the coil. :rofl:

GoGoGopher

Yuppers

When I had the QXT Pro, my one buddy with the XLT could be 20 feet away and I could hear his detector in my headphones...My other friend using a Prizm had NO effect on my machine unless almost touching me...My QXt had no effect on the XLT unless almost touching.

HH,