July 24 beach hunt

mtbricky

I'm running out of names for these threads - but the beach has not run out of rings thank goodness. Pulled a nice little (size 3.5) 14K girls ring (2.7G) with a nice blue stone. Pull it out at 5AM so I didn't know it was gold for several hours when I went back to the car to switch out detectors. The black ring is unmarked silver and cleaned up really nice. The other ring is also 925. Earrings are both junk - can't win em all! Feeling pretty blessed - two golds rings this week. Hoping it keeps flowing - depositors are finally giving up some yellow stuff!

Attachments

mtbricky

Thanks all for the encouragement. The weather makes it difficult for me to do any dirt fishing. The beach is really the only option. I have had to adjust to the new patterns of beach behavior brought on by Covid. It's interesting really - families start getting there at 7AM. By 9:30 people start streaming in and in short order it is impossible to hunt without coming into close contact with others (mostly kid). This goes on 7 day a week. They are spread out over the entire beach area - almost half a mile where they used to mostly congregate at the north half. The only decent time to hunt is in the dark. I have been starting in the water at 4:30AM in the shallows parallel to the beach and working towards the deeper water. Usually there is daylight by the time I am into about 3' of water. Easy hunting really - so much different than dirt fishing. Only skill required is patience and persistence. Rings always show up. Haven't had a big heavy goldband for awhile though! :cool: