July 27 beach hunt

mtbricky

It should have been a perfect beach wekend - 90 and sunny both Sat and Sun. But Monday only provided slim pickens. Worked hard for these for trinkets. Thought I might have something - but when I got home the rings were junk. One was absolute complete junk, the gold colored one was total junk, and the big silver colored one was a stainless steel spinner ring (junk). Also a junk earring. Still fun seeing rings in the scoop!

Attachments

Digging Fool

Good finds! I remember back around 8 years ago, I could go out and find at least 1gold ring just about every time. Then, just like a light switch, it cut right off. Then came the tungsten carbide rings and junk. The gold never turned back on. The good old days regarding everything seem to be just memorable experiences now. Still fun to go, though.

mtbricky

Good finds! I remember back around 8 years ago, I could go out and find at least 1gold ring just about every time. Then, just like a light switch, it cut right off. Then came the tungsten carbide rings and junk. The gold never turned back on. The good old days regarding everything seem to be just memorable experiences now. Still fun to go, though.
Things have changed for sure. I used to be competing against 6-10 other people hunting in the water. The last few years I am usually the only one in the water. Occasionally there is someone hunting the beach but they are usually obvious beginners - no pouch, no scoop, look like they are swinging a golf club. I am still finding gold most years. Not many fatties but gold all the same. I am so happy to just be in the water drifting along swinging old blue that I would do it every week if I wasn't finding much. It is my happy place the gets me through the week - and the winter!!

Digging Fool

Things have changed for sure. I used to be competing against 6-10 other people hunting in the water. The last few years I am usually the only one in the water. Occasionally there is someone hunting the beach but they are usually obvious beginners - no pouch, no scoop, look like they are swinging a golf club. I am still finding gold most years. Not many fatties but gold all the same. I am so happy to just be in the water drifting along swinging old blue that I would do it every week if I wasn't finding much. It is my happy place the gets me through the week - and the winter!!
Same here! I am taking antibiotics for 2 bad tick bites, and I’m not supposed to stay in the sun long while taking the meds, but I’m going soon.