Looing at the 250.350 series is there a big difference in them?

OK,
Still have money burning a hole in my pocket and looking the 250-350 for Garrett.Please keep in mind this is my first purchase,but I do not want to out-grow something in a short time would like to maybe start off right from thr start.Any suggestions.
Thanks again,
Rik

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Administrator-Site Founder
The Ace 250 and Ace 350 are both great detectors. They are similar but the 350 has a few advantages over the 250. The 350 has much better iron separation and comes with the DD coil. Both detectors can use the same coils but if you were to purchase the DD coil separately you would end up spending a lot more. Another possibility would be the AT Pro. This detector is also made by Garrett and is a fantastic machine.

robby4570

The Ace 250 and Ace 350 are both great detectors. They are similar but the 350 has a few advantages over the 250. The 350 has much better iron separation and comes with the DD coil. Both detectors can use the same coils but if you were to purchase the DD coil separately you would end up spending a lot more. Another possibility would be the AT Pro. This detector is also made by Garrett and is a fantastic machine.
The 350 operates at just a shade higer freq as I recall also. I don't know how big a difference that makes. If you were to go for the ATPro you could buy TWO 350's for what the Pro will cost you. If budget is a concern and you are just starting out, get the 350, it has a better resale than the Pro if you decide you don't like it. If you do like MD'ing, (and I hope you do get hooked on MD'ing!) then the 350 makes a GREAT back-up/guest machine after you buy the ATPro with the treasure you find using the ACE350! :)

draaiorgel

Both the 250 and 350 are tremendous machines. :cool::cool::cool::cool:
The 350 would prolly be a shade better as it has the DD coil which gives better target separation.
The way to work it is to settle on one of them and give yourself 4-5 years with it,
then ya can upgrade to a higher end machine with the findings from your first machine.
We wish ya good luck with the new Ace 250/350. :D:D:D:D

DBG

Put a DD coil on a 250 and the only difference is the Freq.
The higher Freq. of the 350 is supposed to be better on smaller, deeper targets.
I will say The DD, which comes Stock on the 350 is, IMHO, Superior to the Concentric.
But if you've never used one it does have a learning curve all it's own.
:D

Dexter

Thank you for this post...:)
I am in the same boat, :confused: not sure of wich way to swing. After reading this and others, I believe I will get the 350. It sounds like if getting the 250 with the upgraded coil wil cost about as much as 350 or maybe even more.

against the wind

:cool: According to many members who convinced me to buy the AT PRO,,, The AT PRO is like the ACE250/ACE350 on steroids. It also gives you the option to go in the water. Since getting the AT PRO,, I have recovered 2 gold rings (Which I returned) and 3 silver rings,, plus countless coins. This machine will pay for itself in no time and there are many AT PRO owners here on TQ who will help you with any questions you may have.:cool:

DBG

Yeah, of the three, I would go with the AT Pro,
But since you are only considering the two Ace's,
I'd go with the 350.
It has a few more Bells and whistles you'll like.
PLUS The DD Coil makes all the difference in the world.
And the higher Freq. helps in finding Small GOLD Rings and things.
And yes It is Cheaper than buying the 250 and adding the DD Coil.
;)