Me and my Compadre hit the papers....

Was searching in the local city park when this guy steps up and says, "Pardon me, but I'm from the (local newspaper) and I've been assigned to take pics of what people are doing in the area-would you mind if I shot some pics?" Of course I said yes and asked if he would try to get a pic of the thin-probed screwdriver I was using to let people see that knives and shovels aren't necessary for this hobby. He didn't seem interested in this and just started taking pics at various angles. Hope something good comes out of it anyway. I had the Compadre set just about low foil and was really hitting the coins.

HungryGhost

Congrats. I hope this publicity doesn't back-fire on you. My local paper has a record of screwing things up and if they asked me I would have said no thanks.

Very nice, hope you had on your "Sunday Best" lol
That's funny, now that you mentioned it. I DID happen to have on my "royal burgundy" pants and pink long sleeve shirt (still a little cold here). I was going somewhere that evening and slipped them on. If it's the Sunday paper, it's probably gonna be in color. Oh well, at least it dispels the "retired old fogey, hobo, recluse " that I've heard from some.:wink:

steve07

Hope for good spin

I never trust the media too much, the way they twist things sometimes.
I hope he didn't just take your picture and then take a picture of a "No Metal Detecting" Sign. :lol::rofl: I hope it's something good!!!:smile::smile::smile:

Or post below the photo:
Local vagrants in invade public parks or Illegal activities destroying our parks :doh: :biggrin::shock::biggrin:

you guys know very well how to torture people :lol:

I have to confess that Im not a media guy either, I would just have said: nooooo...

you guys know very well how to torture people :lol:

I have to confess that Im not a media guy either, I would just have said: nooooo...
I think what I saw in this was an opportunity for some good PR but the guy was only interested, seemingly, in fullfilling his assignment. Pics should come out in today's paper-we'll see.

Hey Sling, sometimes reporters just take vids and photos to use if they have a story without avalible photos in the future. Hopefully the guy puts a good line under it, be nice to have positive publicity. :bthumb:

I think what I saw in this was an opportunity for some good PR but the guy was only interested, seemingly, in fullfilling his assignment. Pics should come out in today's paper-we'll see.
As it sounds I think it will be for good publicity

but I'm still the no media guy :bthumb: