Minelab Equinox

KRose

Man, I have seen some pretty ugly posts on another forum concerning the release of the new Equinox. This coming from both sides of the fence so to speak. Not all forums are as civil as TQ here. Some folks need to sit back, take a deep breath, and just R E L A X.

teamroper

Unfortunately, it's probably not in them. Some people just can't pull themselves together enough to be civil. I ran into that on a 4runner forum. Just because I'm not a mechanic and don't know the schematics of it they want to blast you because you ask a question. Pretty sad in my book. You put it up there to learn something, not get your butt chewed out. I guess that's why I always come back here. I can ask stupid questions. Lol. :LOL:

KRose

Unfortunately, it's probably not in them. Some people just can't pull themselves together enough to be civil. I ran into that on a 4runner forum. Just because I'm not a mechanic and don't know the schematics of it they want to blast you because you ask a question. Pretty sad in my book. You put it up there to learn something, not get your butt chewed out. I guess that's why I always come back here. I can ask stupid questions. Lol. :LOL:
No such thing as a stupid question, not here anyway. Folks here stay here because this is the place to learn and share info with others in attempt to be helpful. It's all about having fun, enjoying our hobby, and helping others. That is why I choose to stay here. Oh, I meant to mention that this forum has the Best Folks around....period. You are right about some of the Insane Nonsense that comes from supposedly adults on some of the forums. On one I was answering another's post and I jokingly made a comment regarding the War Between the States and I said "the South never surrendered and never will". I got a response from one with a History lesson regarding the whole enchilada concerning the place, date, and time concerning Gen. Lee's surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia. Nearly a whole page worth. I reckon he thought I was serious. At any rate, I answered his post with simply 2 words. Fake News. Lol I'm glad we have Treasure Quest here, and it's great to see you posting again Jake.

against the wind

Well Kev, there has been a lot of hype about Minelabs release of The Equinox.
They have quite a waiting list for machines already ordered in most dealerships. I'm waiting for a review from "diggin brains"
He too has one on order. Jake and I both own the XP DEUS, which can give any machine a run for the money. I don't really need another machine, but I never stop looking.
I have no time for jerks. Too many people in Cyber Space who think they can disrespect and bully you. Isn't it amazing how you can just push a button and POOF, they're gone.
Good thing you can't do that in real life.

KRose

Well Kev, there has been a lot of hype about Minelabs release of The Equinox.
They have quite a waiting list for machines already ordered in most dealerships. I'm waiting for a review from "diggin brains"
He too has one on order. Jake and I both own the XP DEUS, which can give any machine a run for the money. I don't really need another machine, but I never stop looking.
I have no time for jerks. Too many people in Cyber Space who think they can disrespect and bully you. Isn't it amazing how you can just push a button and POOF, they're gone.
Good thing you can't do that in real life.
Yes sir Windman, the push of a button.....It is both a powerful and a wonderful thing. I wonder if this button would work on outlaw- er inlaws.

draaiorgel

This is the best site of all for guys and gals who have the same hobby.
The members have a lot of knowledge and don't mind sharing it.
Also lots of good humoured banter and without exception friendly.

66.gif
66.gif
66.gif
66.gif
66.gif
hats off.gif
hats off.gif
hats off.gif
hats off.gif
hats off.gif
66.gif
66.gif
66.gif
66.gif
66.gif

DigsNW

I have noticed over the years as I am sure all of you have that when a new mid to high end detector comes out everyone is raving about them and wanting to get one. Then the reviews start out great and then most reviews start a downward spiral of some sort. A very few keep great reviews and usually those are high end machines that most of us either can't afford or won't pay the price for. I have always been a firm believer that you get what you pay for.
With all that said what really is the difference between say an Ace 250 and a Deuce? Bells, whistles, and an ability for one to work deeper and find more silver. Does the Ace 250 find stuff. Yes and lots of coins and jewelry. Lots of people have fun using them.
Another point is the fact that some people make a living using their detector or are very serious about the hobby. These are the people who usually buy the higher end detectors and really learn their machine as I would if that was my story. Some like me can use one once or twice a year and have just as much fun when we go out. It truly is just a hobby for those like us. Not treasure hunters just curious from time to time about what is buried. We tend to buy the low to medium end machines. They work for us and we find enough good stuff to make a day out detecting fun.
Of course those who are out for hours every week will find more good finds as the odd are with them and they have put the time in to understand what they are really doing and have put the time into research. My last point is some people just live in areas where there is more to find. In my mind I am sure there is a lot more to be found on the east coast than out here in the west coast. We are a lot newer here and a lot of people had to abandon most of their stuff just to get out here on the wagon trains. Even the very most serious hunters don't find many silver coins here and I have never heard of large cents or any of the different coins you find on the east side. We don't have the warm beaches and we do not have the towel lines here. So area is part of why people choose which machine will serve them best in their area.
These are just my opinions and time will tell how the Equinox will pan out.

KRose

Well said Dig's. When new MD's come out there is a lot of excitemet in the air, but like anything else, it usually takes a while to get the kinks worked out. I have heard that some that have preordered the Equinox have received notification that their units will be shipped next week so maybe We'll be hearing some reviews on them soon. I wish for all that has ordered the Equinox the Best of Luck with their new Minelabs. For me personally, I reckon I'll be sticking with my Whites MXT PRO.

Xray

Plenty of reviews on youtube.

Machine was overhyped by ML IMO [claimed the machine will "obsolete" all single freq detectors] This may have helped the initial rush to order but may hurt them once people discover treasure isn't going to come flying out of the ground at them any more than any other decent detector.
I am looking to get another water machine anyhow so I may or may not get one if reviews pan out decent and there are no major kinks, no rush as any serious detecting here in MI will have to wait a couple months at least.

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
Yuppers..I have been on a few sites that were cut throat..not a happy place..but I am still am here..we will just have to wait and see if this new machine is a good one.. chances are it is..but I will also stay with my XP

KRose

Treasure Quest is my Favorite forum, but I have gone on other forums and wow, there has really been some mudslinging and some rather hateful rhetoric and name calling concerning the release of the Equinox. Come on guys n' gals, we all love metal detecting, but in the end, It's just a new metal detector. Let's all take a deep breath. Lol. This is why I like Treasure Quest.(y)

DigsNW

Treasure Quest is my Favorite forum, but I have gone on other forums and wow, there has really been some mudslinging and some rather hateful rhetoric and name calling concerning the release of the Equinox. Come on guys n' gals, we all love metal detecting, but in the end, It's just a new metal detector. Let's all take a deep breath. Lol. This is why I like Treasure Quest.(y)
Yep, life is just to short to act like 5 year olds.

KRose

Yep, life is just to short to act like 5 year olds.
Indeed it is. As much as I hate the Haribo commercial concerning the adults in the conference meeting talking like children......this came to mind. This was discussed earlier in an earlier thread concerning annoying commercials, and this is just as useless and annoying as the commercial itself.....probably more so.

Plenty of reviews on youtube.

Machine was overhyped by ML IMO [claimed the machine will "obsolete" all single freq detectors] This may have helped the initial rush to order but may hurt them once people discover treasure isn't going to come flying out of the ground at them any more than any other decent detector.
I am looking to get another water machine anyhow so I may or may not get one if reviews pan out decent and there are no major kinks, no rush as any serious detecting here in MI will have to wait a couple months at least.
That's an excellent point Xray,, the weather has to warm up before any of us can get in some serious coil swinging. Maybe by that time there will be more units available and less time between order date and delivery date.
When I purchased the AT PRO, (great machine), I discovered that the stock headphones are not waterproof. For water hunts, you have to order a seperate set of headphones designed with the AT PRO adapter Jack.
The same situation with the Equinox. I understand that the headphones that come with the machine are not designed to be submerged. If you are going to do some water hunting with the Equinox, you will probably have to order a set of submersible headphones.

hoser

I'm with ya'll on this. I am all for new pieces of equipment, and I get excited to see what they offer and how far technology has progressed. I have an E-Trac and to be quite honest I haven't even scratched the surface of what this machine is capable of doing. Now this is just me mind you, but if I were to get a new detector like the Nox or Deus, I feel I would have given up on the "E". I think I'll just stick with what I have and learn it to it's maximum potential. I'm 68 years old so I figure I will have mastered it by the time I reach the ripe old age of 140. Hot Dang! 72 more years of detecting for me. How cool is that.........EH!:ROFLMAO: