Minelab Sovereign Anyone use the hipmount kit

EBCIII

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you on.

I would think the hipmount would hel lighten the load a bunch, good luck to you, Bele.

I used too a lot but don't care to be so attached to the machine ! I drilled out the V-clip and used pop rivets to move the control box back which puts the machine in balance and is much more better, see my pic........

Attachments

I hip mount mine and find it much more comfortable, I can go an hour or more without switching hands or taking a short break.

Hipmounting is a grwat way to go. I bought the one from minelab, and it worked OK. But then one day I was in a army surplus store and bought canten holder which fits the control box just right. It has a draw string to help with the fit and a flap to go over the top if you like. I cut a hole in the bottom to conect the cord. Put a little epoxy around the hole to keep it from fraying out. Works great.

Hip mounting is a grwat way to go. I bought the one from minelab, and it worked OK. But then one day I was in a army surplus store and bought canteen holder which fits the control box just right. It has a draw string to help with the fit and a flap to go over the top if you like. I cut a hole in the bottom to conect the cord. Put a little epoxy around the hole to keep it from fraying out. Works great.
I also use one of those canteen holders, works great. My Sovereign GT has a straight shaft which doesn't weigh much when I hip mount the detector box. I'm not a young guy so the reduction in weight means I can detect a lot longer. And hip mounting doesn't break the bank. The Minelab pouch is around $30. If you find you don't like using it you haven't lost much. regards
Ed

Hip Bag

Hey welcome
I use the hip bag most of the time. It lightens the load and extends your hunting time because of almost no arm fatigue. Great option when you need it.

My GT came with the hip mount kit/bag. It makes the unit really light and the bag can be carried many different ways. Over the shoulder, around your neck, belted to your hip, behind your back. It's very versatile. The only thing I don't like about it it the velcro closure. I wish it was a zipper, for better dust and sand protection.

Firstly both the older version and the latest Elite and Gt ,unfortunately the Sovereign is now no longer made ,but they are prone to be problematic when you don't allow enough slack cable from the coil to the control box ,you can end up with loose connections ,and with the later Elite and GT version you end up with the plastic cracking around the area where the coil connection is ...
If you must hip mount buy a mike extension cable from probably Radio Ham type supplier or Ebay have them curly cable type, comes with the six pin din connections I paid eleven quid here in the UK ,really gives you plenty of gentle stretch..