MTHA Seeded Hunt

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
IMG_0003.JPG

On Saturday Sue and I attended the Massachusetts Treasure Hunters Association annual seeded hunt at Houghton's Pond in Milton Massachusetts. We dug a good amount of clad, some silver coins, prize tokens for various items, and I came away the lucky winner of a Garrett AT Pro metal detector. After the hunt we headed to the town of Walpole Mass. to have something to eat at a place called the Raven's nest. Walpole is the town that has the prison that once held Albert DeSalvo AKA "The Boston Strangler"
IMG_0025.JPG
After dinner we took a brief tour around the town green. The pumpkins were out for sale and right next to the pumpkins was a small Episcopal church. The old service station is a reminder of days long passed.
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG
IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG

Last edited:

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Well done. Great pictures of some pretty area and a good looking couple. Believe it or not I have been to Milford but the one in your home state Conn. Good deal on the ATPro too. Congrats Ed.
Thanks Dave....The town was MILTON, because of getting old and losing my marbles I screwed up the name of the town in my post. I'll change it now. I've been to Milford many times, a few times to detect and a number of times back in the 1980's-1990's at coin shows when I was dealing in coins.

Last edited:

DigsNW

The town was MILTON, because of getting old and losing my marbles I screwed up the name of the town in my post.
I never in a million years would have known the difference. I think I have a picture of me and Mrs. Digs in Milford. If I think of it I will post it for you.
We used to have a friend there that after a couple years and a few visits back and forth turned on us for reasons we never found out.

draaiorgel

That looks a great place to have a seeded hunt' yea Houghton's pond.
Congrats on winning the At Pro, a nice prize indeed.
I bet the two of you both had a great time hunting and exploring the town.
I've seen pumpkins but never tried them, are they sweet or savoury?
What do you usually have with them, sweetcorn or chicken?

I enjoyed the pics, thanks for sharing.
7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif

162.gif
162.gif
162.gif
162.gif
162.gif

23[1].gif
23[1].gif

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
That looks a great place to have a seeded hunt' yea Houghton's pond.
Congrats on winning the At Pro, a nice prize indeed.
I bet the two of you both had a great time hunting and exploring the town.
I've seen pumpkins but never tried them, are they sweet or savoury?
What do you usually have with them, sweetcorn or chicken?

I enjoyed the pics, thanks for sharing.
View attachment 101857 View attachment 101857 View attachment 101857 View attachment 101857 View attachment 101857
View attachment 101858 View attachment 101858 View attachment 101858 View attachment 101858 View attachment 101858
View attachment 101859 View attachment 101859
Thanks Ian, for the accolades. Mostly pumpkins in New England are used for seasonal decoration or turning them into Jack-O-Lanterns. Occasionally some people who are good at cooking will turn them into a pie. I like pumpkin pie but have never eaten pumpkin as a vegetable.

KRose

Sir Sojo, a Great pic. of the Royal Couple. Harry and Meaghan would be jealous. Beautiful pic's once again. I'm glad yall' got to attend the Seeded Hunt, and Congrat's to you on the winning of the Garrett AT PRO. It will be more dangerous than a two edged sword clasped in the hands of the Royal King Coinstar. Thanks for the Nostalgic pic's of the area. Love those old small towns. Lot's of History there.