MXT VDI #'s

OK people, here are some vdi #'s. Ive been getting with my MXT. with the 9.5 stock coil...... 0,to 8, foil, juice drink foil discs, 18,20,22, 24 locked on solid,is almost always a nickel. 30,35 newer style pulltabs, 40 solid lock produced 1 stamped copper ring with hallmark, and 2 real old style pulltabs. 50 solid lock, usually lead bullets or pieces of lead, 53,57, almost always a screwcap, 60,65 older bronze pennies and older canadian pennies, 77 ,78, zincs, 78,79 solid lock, either a deep penny, or clad dime, 80,83,84,85 solid lock, clad quarters. I noticed the coins all fall into a "range" of vdi #'s, depending on how deep, or how corroded they are, for example, a really corroded quarter will lock on at 80, while a fresher drop will lock at 85, same with the dimes, the older more corroded ones lock on at 78, newer ones at 79, I'm still learning !!These are some pics Rich.

Attachments

EBCIII

Very good digs! Looks like you have been doing some digs around lakes? I see fishing worms. Nice to see some VID #'s for a different machine from mine. It is interesting how different makes show up. Thanks for that.

Congrats, Beale.

EBCIII, there is a river running through the park, where I got the worms. Alabama, thanks Charlie ! Hawk, thanks for the MXT tips on the chat the other nite !! Like to hear from other users, what are your vdi #'s coming in at ??? Rich. 04-27-08 coins.JPG the button in the the lower left has 4 small stars stamped on top and 13 small bellflowers stamped on the bottom, one in the center, with 6 going in one direction, and 6 in the other. To see a closeup of the button, go to the ASK PAPPY section, Rich.

Hey Rich,

I want to point this out as it is in the higher end of the VDI range as it stands out clearly for me:

For my particular machine's calibration, a solid 74 reading has yielded only junk....mainly aluminun cans, siding, and other various scrap. If it jumps to other numbers, it's still mainly junk, but I've found very few pennies. I think this may be applied to other machines depending on the calibration.....perhaps it may fall at 73, or 74, or 75 on one's particular machine.

Hawk

Well after 2 months of running, the quarters seem to lock on 83 or 84, if you get that #, it IS a quarter, no exceptions. MXT IS DEAD ON !! Dimes will read 78 or 79, but a solid lock of 79 IS a dime (almost always +95 PERCENT OR MORE). Small lawnmowered pieces of aluminum have been giving me problems, but only in wet, soggy ground. For some reason they will lock on as 20 or 22 in wet ground only. I'm thinkin nickel, so I dig, then the aluminum pops up, I think it has something to do with the wet, almost watery ground. Get into the drier soil and the aluminum will break up in the pulltab notch trigger ahead, showin you it's probably aluminum. MY FAVORITE is a solid lock of a weird vdi #, lets say a 40, turned out to be a braided copper ring. Like keepin my eyes peeled, looking for 40,42,45 solid locks, seems 2 be where the rings show up !! Still experimenting, oh yeah, 57 screwcap, dont bother diggin, the MXT has got it pegged !!

Great info on typical VDI's :bthumb: but the ones that get away are those that defy the odds due to various forms of target masking. Dig the unexpected along with the obvious if you like surprises :biggrin: Thanks for the info. HH Bill

Great info on typical VDI's :bthumb: but the ones that get away are those that defy the odds due to various forms of target masking. Dig the unexpected along with the obvious if you like surprises :biggrin: Thanks for the info. HH Bill
Thats nice to know Bill ! I've been finding out that a target jumping from one vdi # to another CAN be a surprise !! Trying not to dig too much junk, in an infested target site, but if ya don't dig it all, you'll invariably miss something good !! and if you dig it all, you'll get a pile of junk (along with some goodies) !! Guess it's a trade off. I'd like to hear about some of your odd vdi #'s and the resulting find, it produced !!