My Impression of the Whites D2 coil on the MXT

KRose

My hunting partner Randall and myself headed out Saturday morning for a relic hunt at the old hunting ground. This was my first hunt with the new D2 coil I have just gotten for my MXT. While we didn't find a whole lot, we covered a lot of ground on an area pounded by many different detectors through the years and still managed to find a few things. The weather could not have been any better, being sunny and about 52 degrees for the high. All in all, we had a great time. My take on the D2 coil? I like it. The size of the coil is not much larger than the stock 950 coil and not much weight difference. The only drawback to the coil itself is taller grass or limbs getting inside the coils center, but you have that with open center coil designs. I've had one of the spider coils in the past, so this was no real issue. The depth of the coil? Do Not buy one of these coils if you are considering one and do not like digging deep holes. I can seriously say that I dug some of the deepest minnie' balls in depths that I have never before seen. Case in point: I got a good bullet signal at the base of a hardwood tree about 4 feet out from the trees trunk. The signal was directly over a huge root about 12 inches down. The root was too big to cut, and it was a major root and I didn't want to harm the tree so I began digging. I dug straight down to the left side of the root. The target was still signaling dead center of the root. To make a long story shorter, I wound up digging down to the right side of the root and digging and tunneling underneath the root a good 12 inches and then down to locate the bullet. It was directly under the center of the root and 12' inches down. It signaled dead on. This I believe was one of the deepest and hardest bullets to retrieve that I have dug. I got another signal at 8' down. It signaled a bullet and the signal was as though the target was on top of the ground. It wound up being a piece of lead about the size of a bb. The target was so small that I couldn't locate it with the pinpointer. I had to go back to the hand to coil method before finally locating it. This coil is really sensitive and it reads deep loud and clear. I'm really looking forward to using this in some of the other areas we've hunted and see what I've missed. This coil is sensitive and reads deep. I believe it's made a believer out of me first time out with it.(y)(y)(y)

KRose

Randall came over and was watching me dig that one real deep bullet that was under the large tree root. He said he was afraid to leave me alone because he feared I might fall in the hole and not be able to get back out.:ROFLMAO: Thanks for the replies. I believe this setup is going to really going to work well.