Never wind up in this situation

against the wind

I have done extensive research in NY State.
Most State parks will only allow metal detector use in campgrounds that have beaches, and only at certain times with a permit. Most state park land is not open to
metal detecting. Another Bureaucratic agency that controls access to the 2 major Forrest Preserves in NYS is the Department of Environmental Control. Again you must have a permit and detecting is restricted to beach areas. Some permits come with a fee and some are free. It ain't easy.

Orosurf

Too many damned laws ! You folks need to take back control of your own country. Sorry, but it is ridiculous, it seems like whatever you want to do is illegal , needs a permit, or subject to God knows how many different regulations. I apologise for my rant, but I believe you have too many laws , enacted by people who don't know what the hell they are talking about. It can only end in trouble......

KRose

I have always felt that ALL U.S. citizens have rights. But my rights end where another begins. In other words where one has rights, they do not have the right to tread on another's same rights. God Given Common Sense should be the law of the land, except quite a few doesn't have a clue about common sense. These same buffoons will be quick to tell you about "My Rights". Not anyone else's rights mind you, only theirs.

Orosurf

I have always felt that ALL U.S. citizens have rights. But my rights end where another begins. In other words where one has rights, they do not have the right to tread on another's same rights. God Given Common Sense should be the law of the land, except quite a few doesn't have a clue about common sense. These same buffoons will be quick to tell you about "My Rights". Not anyone else's rights mind you, only theirs.
That's precisely my point Kevin, if everyone behaved in a civilized way toward each other, the laws are unnecessary . Laws were for people that couldn't act sensibly without them. Unfortunately they have become too numerous and it is almost impossible to go through life without breaking a law . They have also become tools to be used by governments and those with vested interests to control and criminalize others so that they can protect their interests (mostly financial). I believe that in a civilized world, probably just the 10 commandments would suffice, and possibly less than that .

Rob1960

That's precisely my point Kevin, if everyone behaved in a civilized way toward each other, the laws are unnecessary . Laws were for people that couldn't act sensibly without them. Unfortunately they have become too numerous and it is almost impossible to go through life without breaking a law . They have also become tools to be used by governments and those with vested interests to control and criminalize others so that they can protect their interests (mostly financial). I believe that in a civilized world, probably just the 10 commandments would suffice, and possibly less than that .
So true, Surfman, so true.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
AAAHHHHHHH ! common sense. That's the catch... Common sense has gone the way of the dodo. We're drowning in a sea of over regulation.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Too many damned laws ! You folks need to take back control of your own country. Sorry, but it is ridiculous, it seems like whatever you want to do is illegal , needs a permit, or subject to God knows how many different regulations. I apologise for my rant, but I believe you have too many laws , enacted by people who don't know what the hell they are talking about. It can only end in trouble......
I totally agree.............

Doc dog

You think we don't know it,but our country is being ran by morons:mad:

I had planned on M'ding the lake bed when I visited family in Tennessee. I found out that such searches are prohibited in TVA lakes. I think that is about the most idiotic thing possible. The lakes are meant for recreation. I can set a 50 hook trotline but I can't use my metal detector?

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
I had planned on M'ding the lake bed when I visited family in Tennessee. I found out that such searches are prohibited in TVA lakes. I think that is about the most idiotic thing possible. The lakes are meant for recreation. I can set a 50 hook trotline but I can't use my metal detector?
One word.........Bureaucracy !!!