New D2 Coil for MXT PRO

KRose

I received my new coil for the MXT PRO today and while I believe I'm really going to like this coil, I'm going to have to work with this in learning the pinpointing accuracy of the D2. The D2 is supposedly one of Whites most accurate pin pointers, and I'm sure it is. Our backyard is infested with iron and the ground gave myself and the coil a run for the money. Where most coils read dead center of the coil, the D2 reads to the front edge of the coil. If anyone here has used this coil relic hunting and could give me some tips or pointers on learning this, I'd certainly appreciate it. One thing I'm going to have to do is change locations in working with this where there is not as much iron in the ground. Thanks in Advance.

diggin brains

I received my new coil for the MXT PRO today and while I believe I'm really going to like this coil, I'm going to have to work with this in learning the pinpointing accuracy of the D2. The D2 is supposedly one of Whites most accurate pin pointers, and I'm sure it is. Our backyard is infested with iron and the ground gave myself and the coil a run for the money. Where most coils read dead center of the coil, the D2 reads to the front edge of the coil. If anyone here has used this coil relic hunting and could give me some tips or pointers on learning this, I'd certainly appreciate it. One thing I'm going to have to do is change locations in working with this where there is not as much iron in the ground. Thanks in Advance.
good luck on the coil all I can say about pin pointing is practice practice practice

KRose

I worked more this afternoon with the D2 coil. It was raining today so I worked with the coil in my room. The coil was much more stable today and dead on pinpointing once out of the iron field. I believe I'm really going to like this coil.

wildlife

When I get a good target , I use pin point unless there is trash . If there is trash I do the DD wiggle in a small motion , then rotate 90 deg. and continue if it moves . I'm usually dead on, but sometimes deep targets are a little left and closer to center . Hope this helps , just keep at it and post some pic's . :ROFLMAO:

Sorry , no really .:)