new Garrett Extreme for Fall 2013!

possum4

The video suggests the PI will handle land and water conditions.....I always thought PI's have trouble with land VDI's and depth readings and discrimination....looks like Garrett is opening up a brand new ballpark if they've found a new way to overcome these problems....looks like they're trying to get a step up on the E-trac and create a new species of detector....anyone have any other ideas?

Viddy

PI has been around but there is SO MUCH new tech out there and processing options and power that I am sure some MIT or CMU grad developed something. Just look at how much power is in the Deus! My friend has one, and it was like a smart phone but for metal detecting. I had a feeling Garrett was gonna come out with something for Fall 2013, especially for all the success with the AT Pro which means $$$ in business and great for R&D....

I bet it's like a PI but in an AT Pro shell (the waterproof and with the connector system) which works really well! I had mine in lakes and ocean surf and their design never let me think it would fail. great o-ring system design and build on the AT Pro.

We'll see!

against the wind

PI has been around but there is SO MUCH new tech out there and processing options and power that I am sure some MIT or CMU grad developed something. Just look at how much power is in the Deus! My friend has one, and it was like a smart phone but for metal detecting. I had a feeling Garrett was gonna come out with something for Fall 2013, especially for all the success with the AT Pro which means $$$ in business and great for R&D....

I bet it's like a PI but in an AT Pro shell (the waterproof and with the connector system) which works really well! I had mine in lakes and ocean surf and their design never let me think it would fail. great o-ring system design and build on the AT Pro.

We'll see!
Viddy,, I'm a Garrett guy from way back. From the AT-4, to the Master Hunter CX III, to the AT PRO with 2 Pro Pointers. Their service has been great and they stand behind their product. I took a leap of faith when I purchased the Minelab Excalibur. I'm praying that I don't encounter the nightmares that have plagued Mikey and Orosurf. The Excalibur will out hunt the AT PRO in salt water. They are 2 different machines. That is a statement coming from "A Garrett Guy." The AT PRO is an excellent machine on land , dry sand, and fresh water. Put it in SALT WATER and you really have to struggle to overcome all the false signals that you will encounter. I didn't know , until I started using the Excalibur, that a machine was capable of giving consistently clear target signals in salt water.:cool:

hunterope

I can't wait to see the first one out there for sale at a discounted price (you know someone won't like it).. So I can scoop it up. I love Garrett machines. I still won't part with my AT PRo.. But the ACE 250 with the new coil may have to go on the open market.. My arm cuff broke on the pro 2 days ago.. Customer service already has one on the way to my house.. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

KRose

You said it best Hunter. Garrett knows how to treat their customers with Great Customer Service. I'm glad they took care of you. That's what keeps Garrett customers Garret customers.