New guy from northeastern iowa

backwater52

New here so thought i would say hi. I haven't detected much in the last 5 years so now have time again. Now i think i need to let the city parks & rec. know when & where before i detect now, haven't called yet. My favorite things found were an old Illinois RR brass padlock, Brass 6 lever brass padlock, a big electric motor tag from a long gone amusement park, 1889 .45/70 case and a lot of clad. Only thing i can find is the .45/70 case, hope the rest is still around somewhere.. Dug my hytech hardside samsonite detector box out of the closet and the Goldenµ and Compadre seem to work fine. My homemade coin probe is MIA but will find it. Made from a stainless steel 80's car antenna that threaded into a throttle control knob. Made a tip for it out of copper, drilled the copper and pressed it on the probe with epoxy and held up well. Coil cover on the Compadre won't budge but will try warming it up a little, gotta help. Thanks, Backwater.

KRose

Backwater, A Big Welcome to You from Georgia. A lot of great folks here except for the few that bust my chops. Lol Seriously, we have a lot of fun here and there is a lot of knowledge and folks here willing to lend a hand if needed. This is the best forum here hands down as you will learn soon enough for yourself. Welcome back to a great hobby and once again welcome to the TQ Family.

Corben

New here so thought i would say hi. I haven't detected much in the last 5 years so now have time again. Now i think i need to let the city parks & rec. know when & where before i detect now, haven't called yet. My favorite things found were an old Illinois RR brass padlock, Brass 6 lever brass padlock, a big electric motor tag from a long gone amusement park, 1889 .45/70 case and a lot of clad. Only thing i can find is the .45/70 case, hope the rest is still around somewhere.. Dug my hytech hardside samsonite detector box out of the closet and the Goldenµ and Compadre seem to work fine. My homemade coin probe is MIA but will find it. Made from a stainless steel 80's car antenna that threaded into a throttle control knob. Made a tip for it out of copper, drilled the copper and pressed it on the probe with epoxy and held up well. Coil cover on the Compadre won't budge but will try warming it up a little, gotta help. Thanks, Backwater.
hope you find it. Id like to see it.