New Minelab Equinox

Discussion in 'Minelab Metal Detectors' started by KRose, Sep 25, 2017.

1. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    Minelab's new model, the Equinox has hit the market and a lot of folks are anxiously watching this new model. Claims are already being made that this new model will make all single frequency detectors obsolete. We'll see. By the looks of the pic's that I've seen on this new model, it almost looks like a waterproof Deus. We all know that it usually takes a while like anything else to get the bugs worked out of new technology. There have also been claims that this model could take the place of the Safari. Maybe this new model will help to drive the price down a little on the Safari. I will be watching crom the shadows.

Digging Fool, MJMcCallie and Buster like this.
  2. backwater52

backwater52 Active Member

construction
    Yeah it will be fun to see how this plays out. I'm in no hurry to buy anything till spring so all the hype will be gone by then.

KRose likes this.
  3. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    This is true Backwater. This will also give you some time to read reviews and do research on the models that are of most interest to you. Sit back and enjoy both the search and the quest of your new machine. Best of Luck to you. You probably already know this, but Utube is a Great tool for watching videos on MD's. It gives you a chance to see most all of any make or model in use in the field and many times compares different models. A most helpful tool.

MJMcCallie and backwater52 like this.
  4. against the wind

against the wind Well-Known Member

"Lost Treasure Detective"
    Do I really need another detector??

Digging Fool, JW Hunter and KRose like this.
  5. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    ......NAW, of course not Windman, but you know you know you want one. If you start feeling fidgety, you can call 1-800-MDA, This is metal detectors anonymous. They can help you with your addiction. Good Luck.

Digging Fool and JW Hunter like this.
  6. ZR2guy

ZR2guy Well-Known Member

Chemical Management
    One thing for sure, if this new machine performs up to the hype, the X-terra is doomed in my opinion. I have already seen the 705s sell in the $300-350 range which was unheard of a few years ago. I admit that my interest is a bit peaked with this new Equinox, especially for the price. When the actual release date is announced, it will be interesting to watch the classifieds on the major metal detecting forums as those who "just have to have it" unload their current machines to get an Equinox. This may be good for a newbie looking for a well optioned VLF machine or even for an old pro looking for a really capable backup machine. Time will tell.:whistle:

KRose likes this.