new owner of the CTX3030

diggin brains

Well I'm a new owner of the CTX 3030 and I've got to say it is a great machine,its been out on three hunts so far,my last hunt was on the beach in coney island and I've got to say this thing goes deep I was pulling clad at a depth of 10" to 14" inches I had the wrong scoop with me so it was more like work.What I like most is the ability to cancle out ion competely if you want this save a lot of faulsing but its a magnet to pull tabs and canslaw.I'm sure once I get use to the tones and #'s Iwill be able to tell the difference but for right now I'm stuck gigging them just have to make sure I bring a shovel when i do land hunts if any body has any input it would be apreciated.The learning curve is not to bad if you whatch the you tube vids.If any body has done a a good test bed I'm intrested to find out how they made out. Its hard for me to do a test bed on land do to the fact I live in NY so any help would be welcome.
In short the CTX is worth buying if you an avid hunter and you dont mind the price,I'm sure I will posting some good finds in the up and coming season just trying to work out the bugs.

diggin brains

I can understand your excitement Brian.
I think it's the same for us all when we upgrade our units. View attachment 71635 View attachment 71635
We wish you continued success with your shiny new ctx 3030. View attachment 71636 View attachment 71636 View attachment 71636 View attachment 71636 View attachment 71634
yes it is exciting for me not as mutch for my wife she wants to know when it will pay for itself,but the depth is amazing towards the end of the day I start passing up on those deep signals and will eventualy go back and recheck them

Reeseb

I've been using a CTX for almost a year now. It's not my cup tea in the water (I prefer the CZ21), but I'm liking it over the E-Trac on land because it's noticeably faster and the TID is more consistent on deep coins. It hasn't shown itself to be any deeper than my E-Trac was, however, and coins can certainly hide from it when they are next to iron just like any other detector. The speed does help with recovery delay making targets adjacent to iron sometimes more readable than with the E-Trac but there is no magic going on with this machine with regard to unmasking non-ferrous targets in iron. I'm not a fan of Target Trace because I hunt by sound. Some like it and it's a nice visual feature - I just don't look at my screen enough to use it.

diggin brains

What has been the learning curve for you. Video's show a lot of menus, look confusing....is it? How long did it take you to be comfortable with the machine?
the videos help a lot however I dig most signals depending on the soil the numbers change, since the weather got stifling hot I have been using my excel on the beach it will help you to make a test bed if you can and listen to the tones not the numbers at first. when you get a good tone look and say the #'s out loud it will help you remember what they are. I HOPE THIS HELPS:) GL.

Congrats on the new machine...I'm about ready for something myself! lol :)
Don't know what your budget is, but I can't say enough about the PERFORMANCE of Excalibur II. As said in a previous post,, the only thing that scares me is the ARROGANCE that Minelab has when it comes to adjustments and repairs. You would think that after an investment of $1,500 for one of their machines,, they would want to keep you as a repeat customer.:rolleyes:

Orosurf

Don't know what your budget is, but I can't say enough about the PERFORMANCE of Excalibur II. As said in a previous post,, the only thing that scares me is the ARROGANCE that Minelab has when it comes to adjustments and repairs. You would think that after an investment of $1,500 for one of their machines,, they would want to keep you as a repeat customer.:rolleyes:
I should update you : the last email I got from them, the guy I was dealing with said to send them all my parts from the 2 dead Excals and they would see if they could make me 1 from the 2. He also said they could cover the labour charge. I wrote back telling him that I had trashed the boards. I think he was beginning to realize that I only tried to fix it myself because their dealer said he wouldn't. Haven't heard anything for a week now though.