New Pro Coil on my Old Explorer XS

Just put one of those New Minelab 11" Pro Coils and the new lower shaft(Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass, not sure) on one of my Explorer XS machines.
(Bought new Coil from Kellyco Chick, BTW)

It really made it feel like a new machine, feels lighter to me and more balanced. Just did a few bench test with silver coins, civil war buckles, bullets, etc and it does seem to be a bit more Crisp and more decisive on each target than stock coil.

Gonna take it out Sunday and hit couple old early 1800 home sites and a mill from 1760's....so I'll let you know how coil works on the XS. Also taking my other XS as well, it has a 12x15 SEF coil on it so hope to compare the two....unless we get into some serious finds...:laugh:

Attachments

RLOH

Pro Coil

The Pro coil is the single best coil I have used on any Explorer. For a bigger coil, the sweet spot is razor sharp and you can wade through trash as if you were swinging a smaller coil. It is very light and in my opinion, deeper than similar sized after market coils. Worth every penny! R.L.

The Pro coil is the single best coil I have used on any Explorer. For a bigger coil, the sweet spot is razor sharp and you can wade through trash as if you were swinging a smaller coil. It is very light and in my opinion, deeper than similar sized after market coils. Worth every penny! R.L.

Great to hear!! :multi: That's exactly what I was hoping to get out of the Pro coil. I can already see it seems to be a lot more accurate just waving coins and such in front of it....as you said "Razor Sharp"

Very impressed!!

Must say I'm very impressed with this new Minelab 11" Pro Coil. It's lighter, balances out the machine better, thin and streamlined.

IMO this makes my Explorer XS feel like a new machine! I found 7 old coins at what I had been told was a hunted out swimming hole with this bad boy!! (I had even hit this site a year earlier with my Tesroro and found only pull tabs...the exact same spot!)

It just seems sharper, more on point than the 10 year old stock coil. I am going to buy another for a second Explorer I have!!
Well worth the money IMO....just the less weight and better balance alone!!:bthumb::bthumb::bthumb:

Attachments