i am looking to purchase a bounty hunter (sharp shooter,Quick draw, or tracker) can anybody give me some info on these detectors regarding, are they a good allrounder (gold,relics,coins etc) and do the perform well near salt water.many thanks from the man from australia

indeep

GREETINGS..I'M TO NEW AT THIS HOBBY TO GIVE AN OPINION..I'VE ONLY BEEN DOING THIS SINCE LATE LAST SUMMER..BUT I DID START OUT WITH A BOUNTY HUNTER AND I LIKED IT BUT I WANTED TO GET DOWN DEEPER IN THE GROUND AND THE BOUNTY HUNTER DIDN'T JUST WASN'T CUTTING FOR ME.(THAT'S JUST MY OPINION)OTHER THEN THAT..IT WAS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND I DID FIND COINS.:pbiggrin:

GREETINGS..I'M TO NEW AT THIS HOBBY TO GIVE AN OPINION..I'VE ONLY BEEN DOING THIS SINCE LATE LAST SUMMER..BUT I DID START OUT WITH A BOUNTY HUNTER AND I LIKED IT BUT I WANTED TO GET DOWN DEEPER IN THE GROUND AND THE BOUNTY HUNTER DIDN'T JUST WASN'T CUTTING FOR ME.(THAT'S JUST MY OPINION)OTHER THEN THAT..IT WAS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND I DID FIND COINS.:pbiggrin:

thanks for the reply, i know to go deeper you need to spend the dollars,but i aint in that situation yet to buy big, oneday who knows.

EBCIII

Welcome to the site! Very glad to have you on. Nothing wrong with a Bounty Hunter they will work for you. Just so you know the ACE250 and the Fisher F2 both are around the $200.00 mark. You could look at these models and compare. They both get very high reviews, Beale.

MinelabMan

Hi and welcome to TQ, glad to have you with us!

I'm not up on the BH's but I'd have to agree with Beale (EBCIII). If you can swing it, I'd difinitely consider the ACE250 and Fisher F2. They are popular on here and have heard alot of good about them.

bootybay

Welcome to TQ
also remember, you can find a good deal on a used detector too depending upon your budget. and the ace 250 and f2 are good deals too.:bthumb:

:wave: waving from NJ

Good Question

Hi Newbie,,:wavey: Hey Buddy I'm Going To Be Blunt And Straight To The Point Here. I Have The Newer High Priced Machines And They Just Don't Cut The Mustard In My Books..I Run The Older Machines, And The Reason Why? Is Very Simple Because They Work For Me!! Brand Names For The Most Part Don't Mean Alot. It Seems That Every Company Has Produced At Least One Good Machine In Their History..The Key Here Is You!!!! Being Good Or Getting Good At Metal Detecting Comes From Within, You Must Learn Your Detector That You Choose Inside And Out..Location Is Equally Important Too So Get Prepared To Do Some Research, If You Want To Find The Older Stuff!! It Can Be A Long Hard Road But On The Other Hand It Can Be A Fun Road.. In My Humble Opinion If It Was Me Looking For A New Detector I Would Buy A Used Detector! I Won't Mention Which One Or The Brand Name But You Should Expect To Pay $150.00 Or Less Probably More Like A $100.00 For It..Go And Read Reviews Etc. On Various Metal Detectors And Post Your 1st Choice I Will Help Guide You In Your Choice. But I Will Not Tell You Right Now Which One To Go And Look At.. This Will Help You In Your Learning Process Because The More You Learn About Metal Detectors And Their Functions The Better Off You Will Be. You Also Did Not Mention What Style Of Hunting You Will Be Doing So You Need To Figure This Out First Then Decide On One..Then You Should Get Prepared To Have Some Fun.....Hope This Helps...JJ

Hi Newbie,,:wavey: Hey Buddy I'm Going To Be Blunt And Straight To The Point Here. I Have The Newer High Priced Machines And They Just Don't Cut The Mustard In My Books..I Run The Older Machines, And The Reason Why? Is Very Simple Because They Work For Me!! Brand Names For The Most Part Don't Mean Alot. It Seems That Every Company Has Produced At Least One Good Machine In Their History..The Key Here Is You!!!! Being Good Or Getting Good At Metal Detecting Comes From Within, You Must Learn Your Detector That You Choose Inside And Out..Location Is Equally Important Too So Get Prepared To Do Some Research, If You Want To Find The Older Stuff!! It Can Be A Long Hard Road But On The Other Hand It Can Be A Fun Road.. In My Humble Opinion If It Was Me Looking For A New Detector I Would Buy A Used Detector! I Won't Mention Which One Or The Brand Name But You Should Expect To Pay $150.00 Or Less Probably More Like A $100.00 For It..Go And Read Reviews Etc. On Various Metal Detectors And Post Your 1st Choice I Will Help Guide You In Your Choice. But I Will Not Tell You Right Now Which One To Go And Look At.. This Will Help You In Your Learning Process Because The More You Learn About Metal Detectors And Their Functions The Better Off You Will Be. You Also Did Not Mention What Style Of Hunting You Will Be Doing So You Need To Figure This Out First Then Decide On One..Then You Should Get Prepared To Have Some Fun.....Hope This Helps...JJ
I live in Victoria Australia about 2 hours from the world known Golden triangle so i hope to detect for some nuggets also i enjoy detecting around old ruins and also on the beach, so really i am after a detector that is an allrounder and can be worked around the edge of the salt water oceans and bays.