Odd Item Update

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Wow, that is different and a quick history lesson. It is always more fun when you find out what an odd item is.
Finding out what you've dug is part of the fun associated with this hobby. Seeing that there were Hebrew letters on this piece my research was geared toward Israeli coins but I was barking up the wrong tree. Fortunately someone else had knowledge of old telephone tokens. It makes sense that one side of this token would look like an old rotary phone with the numbers and the stopper.

DigsNW

Finding out what you've dug is part of the fun associated with this hobby. Seeing that there were Hebrew letters on this piece my research was geared toward Israeli coins but I was barking up the wrong tree. Fortunately someone else had knowledge of old telephone tokens. It makes sense that one side of this token would look like an old rotary phone with the numbers and the stopper.
I see that now, it does look like a rotary dial with stopper. If I had found that I would make a special box for it even if it isn’t worth much. It may be I don’t know just guessing.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
I see that now, it does look like a rotary dial with stopper. If I had found that I would make a special box for it even if it isn’t worth much. It may be I don’t know just guessing.
My guess is that to someone who collects this sort of thing, it may be worth a few bucks but considering the condition it's in from being in the ground it's not worth much, if anything. Though it's in rough shape it'll be saved and put in the jar with all my other odd and curious "treasures":)